Lupus Community
Newly Diagnosed

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lupus.

Newly Diagnosed

I was just diagnosed with Lupus, I also have vasculitis, a mass on my liver, and other symptoms too many to name. I have been told they are all from Lyme disease but it doesnt matter because what ever is wrong needs to be treated. Where I am now in TX, I have not been able to find a decent doctor. I have started taking the plaquinel about a week ago. I used to be the type to look up information on all my illnesses online. The other day I was watching some medical drama where they talked about the mother dying from Lupus. I guess I am too scared to look it up but can someone tell me how do you die from Lupus?
I wish everyone a happier and healthier New Year.
Hey mojogal!
Welcome to the forum!
Not to worry. No Lupus sufferer has died from Lupus -as a primary cause.
It is usually organ failure or pneumonia. You need to find an LLMD in Texas
Should be able to locate one in San Antonio area. Check with ILADS or even better  the  Texas Lyme Disease Assn.
Stress is a huge factor in Lupus as it triggers flare-ups.
Get some serious Hypnotherapy to deal with this. In my opinion 5-6 sessions with a reputable Hypnotherapist could be the best investment in your life! You can get stress, negative emotions, bad habits virtually eliminated and replaced with empowering habits and  positive emotions.
For better Lupus management you need a healthy diet-NO JUNK foods!
Consume only fresh chemical free foods like organic salads and vegetables
and pastured beef, free range chicken and mercury free fish.
Supplement with high quality Omega-3, as Lupus patients do better with it.
Wish you well and Happy New Year!
Niko
Thanks Nikodicreta.  Due to my limited time left in San Antonio, I will be moving to FL where I have an LLMD waiting for me. I tried many moons ago to find, from the places you mentioned,  to find an LLMD but had no luck and now I dont even have a primary doctor because I tried two and they both treated me badly, because I am too complicated (they say) and I guess they dont know what to do with me.

I like your idea about Hypnotherapy, I will have to wait until I get to Fl to be able to afford it but in the mean time, I will get some Omega 3, is there a certain dosage or the amount you should take in once or two times a day?
Thanks for your well wishes and I wish you the same.
1000mg from small cold water fish 2x daily away from hot drinks and foods,
as heat causes chemical alteration in all oils except medium chain fatty acids such as coconut oil.
I'm a proponent of coconut oil as it does not alter with heat so there's no issues with free radicals and inflammation. I use it for all my cooking needs and "Oil Pulling" everyday-Extra Virgin Coconut Oil.
Look it up at the coconut research center website.
Meditation on your own or with the aid of a CD will help for the time being.
let me know if you need any more details.
Take care.
Niko