Lupus Community
Not a good day :0(

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lupus.

Not a good day :0(

Well, I feel horrible today to say the least. I can barely think or move. I am in so much pain that I have been in tears since yesterday. I have had horrible tremors and can not eat. I am having a hard time sitting here at work and can't do my job because of lack of concentration. I called this morning to make an appt with my rheumy because of the way I feel. I still have not gotten all of my labs back yet so maybe he can tell me about those today. I hope he has an answer to what is wrong with me. I will keep you posted on what happens, keep your fingers crossed! I am desperate to figure out what is going on with me. I know that Lupus is a high possibility from my last visit with him and right now I know this is bad to say but if that is what is wrong I will be fine with that. I just want to know what has been takingover my body since I was 15. Take care and thanks for listening.
I went to my rheumy yesterday and he said that I have RA and Sjogrens. He said that my antibodies to both are high. My RF was 40 (5 being normal) and my Sjogrens antibodies were 130 (0-99 normal). He has put me on methotrexate and I feel so sick this morning. I have the shakes all over, diarrhea, and headache. The doctor told me that my RA is aggressive and we needed to get it under control. I am so glad to finally know, now the hard part is getting through the getting better process. Thanks for all of your support and take care.
It's great to hear you finally know what's going on!!! I'm still trying desperately to figure it out for myself. :(

It's going to be rough for you at first, but once your body gets used to the meds, you'll be right as rain. :) Just hang in there until then (not much longer to go), and remember--we've all got something, whether it's lupus, RA, thyroid disease, etc., nobody is perfect. You're going to be just fine!

Whenever I'm feeling particularly bad--which is a lot, as of late--I try to busy myself doing other things to take my mind off of the pain, or if it's really bad and I'm worried, I just get proactive (like you were when you called your rheumatologist) and make appointments, since wallowing in my own self-pity wasn't making me feel any better. I only really understood the cliche, "get busy living or get busy dying" recently, and I've decided to do the former.

Good luck with the rest of your treatment process and hang in there--you're going to feel like a whole new person once you've gotten everything under control!