Plaquenil
I was just diagnosed with sle lupus.  My doc has me on Prednisone. 15 mg for 2 weeks, 10mg for 2 weeks, 5mg for 2 week, down to 2.5 until my next appointment. Anyways, he also  put me on plaquenil... I was overwhelmed at my appointment so I didnt ask what the purpose of each one was... So, that is my first question... My second is on the info from the pharmacy, for the plaquenil, it said not to drink. I don't drink a lot but once in a while, I like to have a glass of wine or in the summer, I like to make margaritas... So, what's up with these meds and alcohol... I hope I don't sound like a lush but when I read that I can't drink I got upset...
I have had lupus for 9 years I was on plaquinel.  Plaquinel iis a autoimmune suppresser, so that your own cells will not attack you.  Which can cause many physical problems.  It does help but it is very hard on our bones so you should take a supplement for that.  What kind of symptoms are you having?
I also had prednisone when first diagnosised but I am off it now.  I also have sjogrens which is also a autoimune disease.  So I have research both these auto diseases and this has really helped me living these diseases .
All the best.
Hugs816