Aa
A
A
Close
Please help
Hello all- I've only posted on this board once before. But I just need to vent. I was diagnosed this past summer. They started me on plaquenil. It helped for awhile then they started imuran.  I have been on and off prednisone since last February. More on than off. I keep getting respiratory infections that turn into bronchitis and keep me out of with for a week at least.  And when i get these infections of course my pain level goes through the roof.  No one seems to be able to tell me why I get the respiratory involvement.  My lung dr wants to send me to mayo. I think it could be just the fact that my immune system is so low. Anyone else have this problem. I am also starting to get really depressed I am only 27 and most days feel like I'm in my 70s.  I don't have the energy to go out with friends or have a social life. Any support or ideas are appreciated. Thanks.
Cancel
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
434278 tn?1324709825
Are they keeping an eye on your vti D level?  Sometimes low D can cause low immunity as well as depression.  

You might could try adding some vit C along with plenty of water.  Sometimes if we can just sleep better, other things fall into place.  I take something to help me sleep.

Another thing to consider is, low B12.  Ask your dr. about that as well.  
Comment
Cancel
434278 tn?1324709825
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Those are all things I hadn't thought of. And yes I agree if I could sleep better it would help. But thanks to the steroids even taking medicine to help me sleep, I still rarely get a good night sleep. Thanks for your thoughts. I appreciate it!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
434278 tn?1324709825
Usually steroids keep me wired where I can't sleep.  But the usual things they tell you like, no caffenine, take a relaxing bath and don't exercise before bedtime.  Those all aid in falling asleep and staying asleep.  A good mattress is helpful as well.
Comment
Cancel
434278 tn?1324709825
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Lupus Community Resources