Lupus Community
Positive ANA, CK and C Reactive Lab Results. Possible Lupus?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lupus.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Positive ANA, CK and C Reactive Lab Results. Possible Lupus?

I have a friend that has had health problems for a couple of years - ever since her daughter was born in September 2009.  She started going to a doctor this year (2013) and just got some lab results:
ANA Titer 1:1280 (homogenous)
ANTI DNA DS ABS was 73
CK was high at 376
C Reactive Protein Assays was high at 3.6
She gets migraines, has low estrogen levels, suffers from fatigue all the time (but protein, albumin are in the top of the range and she's not anemic).  She has body aches - lower back and shoulders.  Sometimes her legs, thighs and knees ache.  She has gastrointestinal issues as well (just had a colonoscopy trying to rule out ulcerative colitis).  Sorry if anything is misspelled.  I'm just a concerned friend trying to help.  I believe all of her results point to Lupus, but wanted some other opinions or ideas because I'm not a medical professional.  Thanks for your time.
434278_tn?1324709825
I agree.  Her lab as well as symptoms look like lupus.  The high CK could indicate heart problems, but if that has been ruled out it can indicate rheumatic issues.  I'm glad she has you as a friend to support and help her through this walk.  Sometimes it takes a little while for doctors to put all the puzzle piece together.  The Anti-ds DNA is very specific to lupus though/

Blessings
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Lupus Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank