Lupus Community
Positive Lupus Anticoagulant test

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lupus.

Positive Lupus Anticoagulant test

I have been suffering with tingling sensation on my face and other parts of my left side of the body. Along with strong pinches of the toes and other parts of my body, Burning sensation of my left thigh. Low blood pressure, and tend to pass out a couple times a year.I have horrible GI problems that i have not been able to treat b/c all of this is just getting too expensive for me. I am 24 yrs old and all this except my GI problems started about 4 months after my c section  almost 3 yrs ago.I have had CT scans, MRI's  and all that the doctors see is an arachnoid cyst on the left side of my brain and presence of Lupus Anticoagulant. I also had a TIA to top it off. Does anyone know what is happening to me.? If any one can help me with some advice or share their stories with me i would very much appreciate it. Thank you..
So I'll preface everything by saying I'm not a doctor or trained in health care in any way other than being a patient.

The cyst is unlikely to be the cause of your tingling and other left-side pain, because it would affect the right side of your body if it's on the left side of your brain.

Lupus Anticoagulant suggests a potential problem with blood clots, which could be responsible for the TIA. But I'm told that they don't diagnose AntiPhospholipid Syndrome unless/until they've documented several blood clots. Apparently some percentage of the perfectly healthy population tests positive for LA and ACL, which are related.

For me, the low blood pressure and syncope several times a year along with an abnormal tilt-table test will get a diagnosis of dysautonomia.

I don't know of any cause of these symptoms due to a c-section, but it's apparently fairly common for women to develop autoimmune diseases like rheumatoid arthritis, lupus and multiple sclerosis after pregnancy/birth. Er, not *common* exactly, but it's a timing for people with those diseases to have onset.

Those autoimmune diseases also often have related GI problems, I've been told by my docs.

You have my sympathy. I started having my weird symptoms when my daughter was just over 2. It's really hard to deal with these kinds of health problems when you've got a little one to take care of. Good luck, and I hope your doctors find some answers for you!!

I have been having a lot of the same symptoms as you...I am also positive for lupus anticoagulant...left side tingling and nerve stuff...possible TIA, not sure...I have a small pea-sized spot on the front right side of my brain...I have no answers either, expect the positive LA, maybe TIA...I know what you're going though, and it is difficult to not have any answers...