Lupus Community
Possible Lupus?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lupus.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Possible Lupus?

Hello there :)

Sorry in advance for the long post, but please help me if you can. Do I sound like a Lupus sufferer, I know it is impossible to diagnose me over the internet and I know that I should see my Dr which I will, but I would like to discuss the likelihood that after 6 or so years of feeling terrible and being ill I may have actually stumbled upon the answer.

So yes, roughly 6 years of feeling like carp, I started by seeing my GP of course, then from him to a neurologist, to an ENT, to a gastroenterologist, to a private Dr and more recently back to my GP, so bit of a loop. Some of the Dr’s I seen on my travels did think that my troubles/symptoms could be related.

The list includes :

Daily Migraine, and all sorts of weird and wonderful headaches (Pressure, stabbing etc etc)
Stomach pain (gastroenterologist found inflammation of the oesophagus when he put the cam down)
Sinusitis (ENT Found inflammation of the sinuses, I even had a sinus op during the 6 years which didn’t help a bit, I have constant sinus pain/pressure)
Eye’s (Pain behind eyes daily, possibly sinus related)
Gums (Constant gum inflammation, normally clears with an antibiotic but always returns)
Other oral problems include mouth ulcers, if I ever break the skin in my mouth, like bump it of my toothbrush it will turn to a sore/ulcer)
Anxiety/Depression (I recently started Zoloft from my GP, unfortunately I am currently battling the side effects)
Memory etc (Terrible short term memory and what I like to call brain fog, I know this can be caused by anxiety)

I think that feeling ill for so long has definitely had a big impact on the depression, I have a lot of good things going on in my life and I should be happy, I feel that something in dragging me down though.

One thing that I haven’t mentioned yet and that has developed recently (Last few months) is a butterfly rash across my cheeks/nose, it kind of comes and goes, but after some googling I see that it is quite common with lupus, so anyway when I showed it to my mum she said “Did you not know Lupus runs in the family”? Like no

So should I just ask my Dr to test me or how should I approach him? I am 29 male and have also read that Lupus is less common in males, it runs in my mothers side of the family.

I should also point out that I have had many different blood tests over the 6 years and apart from slightly high cholesterol I wasn’t told that anything was abnormal.

I feel sometimes that I am losing my head, and that this is all the result of anxiety, I just don’t know.

Thanks for your time