Possible lupus
Hello Dr.

I am a 45 year old white female with undiagnosed symptoms for 24 years.  Started with UTI-antibiotics cleared it up. Few mtohs later symptoms returned only no burning pain-mainly frequency that was very unrelenting.  Was tested about 15 years ago for IC which was negative. Then right after having chicken pox vision was cloudy in one eye.  Dr said it was chicken pox related.  It went away in less than a week with meds.  Then I had got tingling, numbness, strange sensations (after much anxiety about possible MS dx).  Tested negaitve for MS-twice.  Over the years I developed other vision issues-redness of whites of eyes from time to time, streaky vision at times, floaters, burning in legs, hands and arms and feet fall asleep easily, hard to take a deep breath and i get out of breath easily, then recently I noticed thinning of eyebrows, and mild joint paint first in wrists, then ankles and knees-it is mild and comes and goes-not every day.  Also night sweats mostly around menses.  Now I am having alot of hair shedding and this past summer, i got a rash at the beach on my legs and slightly pink rash on cheeks.  Leg rash went away overnight and facial rash within a few days but skin was also flaky and tight.  I again got a facial rash a few months later, with brighter cheeks and the dry flaky skin.  It lasted a little less than a week.  Now I think I might had lupus.  Could I have had it all these years and it just became prominent now?  I read birth control pills could cause lupus-I know I started taking them in my 20's not sure if it was around the time symptoms started though.  There is no family history at all of any AI disease.  ALso of interest, my sister recently was dx with lyme.  She has trouble with legs-and swelling of hip which was drained of fluid.  Xrays show no arthritis.  Just wondered if it could be AI.  I also read you have said that chronic infection could lead to lupus.  How does one get tested for such a chronic infection?  Thank-you.

hi, how do i post this question to the doctor ?  

Also wanted to add my ANA was negative and SED was 4.  I know, I can still have lupus with a negative ANA.