Lupus Community
Purple Toes?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lupus.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Purple Toes?

Hi guys, I am new to this community so this is my first post. I was recently diagnosed with lupus about a month or 2 ago. I have a pretty mild case, just some joint pain, hair loss etc, but the weirdest symptom I have been getting is purple toes. It is very strange, but my toes seem to be extremely sensitive to changes in temperature. For example, when I take a shower, my toes seem to be burning from the hot water even though the rest of my body is fine with the temperature. I have heard of Raynaud's syndrome, but I was wondering if anyone else has been experiencing something similar (especially the sensitivity to temperatures) and if there are any treatments?
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
434278_tn?1324709825
Hi and welcome to MedHelp.

Yes, yes, yes, I definitely have trouble in this area.  Don't know what medicine you are taking, but I'm on Plaquinel and it has helped in that area.  I still get very cold easily and my fingers and toes still turn white.  They just haven't turned purple lately.  We are having a really cold winter.  Colder than usual.and I'm happy they are not turning purple along w/ the burning and tingling.

Glad to have you join us.  We'd love to get to know you better.
Kara
Blank
Yes. Most definitely. I have Raynauds and that is a perfect description. I'm so used to my toes/fingers being cold that I don't even realize HOW cold they are until I put them in hot water, then they burn and turn bright red. It's annoying but harmless. One of the many things we have to get used to.
Blank
1133743_tn?1266442363
It is pretty annoying :(, hopefully I get used to it soon. I am on Plaquenil now & maybe it will help with this.
Blank
Don't get your hopes up. Plaquenil doesn't help mine but I have gotten used to it. At least it's not painful. Just weird feeling.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Lupus Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank