Aa
A
A
Close
1133743 tn?1266442363
Purple Toes?
Hi guys, I am new to this community so this is my first post. I was recently diagnosed with lupus about a month or 2 ago. I have a pretty mild case, just some joint pain, hair loss etc, but the weirdest symptom I have been getting is purple toes. It is very strange, but my toes seem to be extremely sensitive to changes in temperature. For example, when I take a shower, my toes seem to be burning from the hot water even though the rest of my body is fine with the temperature. I have heard of Raynaud's syndrome, but I was wondering if anyone else has been experiencing something similar (especially the sensitivity to temperatures) and if there are any treatments?
Cancel
4 Answers
Page 1 of 1
434278 tn?1324709825
Hi and welcome to MedHelp.

Yes, yes, yes, I definitely have trouble in this area.  Don't know what medicine you are taking, but I'm on Plaquinel and it has helped in that area.  I still get very cold easily and my fingers and toes still turn white.  They just haven't turned purple lately.  We are having a really cold winter.  Colder than usual.and I'm happy they are not turning purple along w/ the burning and tingling.

Glad to have you join us.  We'd love to get to know you better.
Kara
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Yes. Most definitely. I have Raynauds and that is a perfect description. I'm so used to my toes/fingers being cold that I don't even realize HOW cold they are until I put them in hot water, then they burn and turn bright red. It's annoying but harmless. One of the many things we have to get used to.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
1133743 tn?1266442363
It is pretty annoying :(, hopefully I get used to it soon. I am on Plaquenil now & maybe it will help with this.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Don't get your hopes up. Plaquenil doesn't help mine but I have gotten used to it. At least it's not painful. Just weird feeling.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Lupus Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank