Lupus Community
Raynaud's Syndrome and Lupus?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lupus.

Raynaud's Syndrome and Lupus?

I was diagnosed with Raynaud's syndrome recently after having an attack. For the past two years I have been battling all sorts of crazy symptoms though and have not been able to figure out what is going on. I am not sure if my Raynaud's is secondary or primary, but due to all the other stuff going on I think it is secondary. For the past two years I have had on an off attacks with all sorts of stuff. I experienced low fevers and sever muscle weakness in my legs and my shin even was numb and tingling for two months straight. I get fatigued easily and my glands in my throat are swollen so bad they are practically touching as well as I have swollen lymph nodes in my neck. My first Rheumatologist was convinced it was Lupus, but when the tests came back they were all negative (I was having no symptoms when the tests were taken). I was doing okay for a while until my recent Raynauld's attack and now all day the joints in my feet and hands have been throbbing. Unfortunately Hawaii has just about the worst doctors ever and they keep sending me from place to place. I am curious if anyone knows what this disease could be. I am really sick of getting sent all over the place and of doctors who think I am making this stuff up.
I also am anemic and am always cold in my hands and feet. My temperature is usually around 97.0
Also, my tests were done about a year ago.
Hi...it is possible u have something else going on...i was told for yrs I had Raynauds...then I was suspected of having lupus too.The Rheumatoid dr I saw sent me for a brain MRI to rule some things out like MS...lymes, and a few other things that can have similar if not the same symptoms...I was dx'd with chiari malformation, tethered cord, hashimoto's thyroiditis, Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome...and a few other things....

So push for more testing....my Raynauds dx is now Raynauds effect...not Syndrome...not sure  how to explain it, but my cold hands and feet r a result of the Ehlers-Danlos as well as the swelling and joint pains....so it is like Raynauds with the effects of it, but not true Raynauds....lol...crazy I know...but u have to be ur own advocate to get answers....so just keep pushing.

Good luck
"selma"