SLE and itching skin
I have SLE and recently I started noticing after every shower my skin would feel like it is on fire and start itching uncontrollably.  Legs, arms, chest, stomache everything is itching.  I switched soaps many times, no relief.  I imediately put on lots and lots of lotion, have tried several brands of those also.  Nothing seems to help and it seems to be getting worse.  I go see my doctor in a month, but was wondering if anyone else suffered from the same thing, what could be causing it, and is there anything to do for it.  I am on meloxicam, plaquinil, symastivin,asprin,stomache pill?  Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Have you tried oameal soap...the kind you would find at a healthfood store.?
Thank you for your help.  I did try the oatmeal, but to no avail. So I went back to my Dr. He started me on methotrextate injections.. I have spelled that wrong. Sorry. They help with the itching but make me very sleepy and weak.
I know there are medical things that cause itching.  But I would think you would itch constantly, not just when you get out of the shower.  How long do you itch?
Thank you for response, It is on and off all day now, it seems to get worse after the shower. and last constantly for about an hour. Then just comes and goes, I wonder if it has to do with all the pollen in the air right now.  The injection helped for a couple of days, now I just take antihistamine when it gets to bad.