Should I be concerned for lupus or not? *alot to read im sorry
My name is Nicole and I've been having health problems for years now. It started when i was 15 years old. I've been an athlete my whole life but when i moved down to Florida every time I would do something with exercise or practice, I would have these sharp pains in my chest and i could barely breathe. We went to the lung doctors and they checked me for exercise induced asthma and that wasn't the case. My lungs were very healthy actually. We also went to the cardiologist and he said that my heart was perfectly healthy (my chest pain was mostly on my left side). This continued for years but i just dealt with it. When i was 16 I found out that I am anemic. I started having trouble sleeping when i turned 17 and Its been terrible ever since. I take pills from time to time but i don't want to be too dependent on them. Also when i was 17 i got erythema nodosum, that wasn't fun haha. We went to the rheumatologist and she has been the only doctor to ever help me. I had huge swollen ankles and my joints were aching something terrible it was painful to even walk some days. She told me i had arthritis and put me on prednisone for a long time. The erythema nodosum took almost a year to go away so they had to put me on methotrexate for a while to avoid being on prednisone for too long. I've also developed pleurisy 3 times now over these few years which is also fun. I had chronic headaches for months. It was constant so we got an mri of my brain but all they found was a cyst. I went to the chiropractor and that seemed to help alot. Also, I get this weird rash on my forearms and fingers? Nowhere else, and it happens quite frequently. At first I assumed it was like from my soap or something but that didn't make any sense. Finally I realized that everytime I was out in the sun for a long period of time, or i got sunburned, the rash would come back. It would be the inside of my forearm and only on the skin between my knuckles on my fingers. Like when you bend your finger the flat part in the middle and the flat part that connects to the palm. like a red rash and it wouldn't hurt unless i put my hands in my pockets or rubbed it against something. I get back pain all the time too in my lower back on my left side usually. I figure some of these or maybe most of them aren't connected at all but I'm laying everything out there just in case. Oh i almost forgot, I get sick alot. Almost every month and everytime i get a flu shot so i stopped getting them. If i got a flu shot then i got the flu every time but it i don't get the shot then i might not get it. I've had bronchitis, mono, strep too many times to count, several bad flu's where my fever was 102 or higher, swine flu, and the common cold alllll the time. I just feel fatigued all the time. some of the tests we've run on me are the heart ultrasound thingy, ekg, breathing test, chest xray (no nodules), blood tests (check for TB and other conditions i can't remember, all came back negative). Mri of brain and an allergy test. I've taken the ANA blood test twice now because my doctor tells me lupus could be a possibility but its come back negative both times. I read somewhere that the blood test isn't definitive and that you can have a positive even if you don't have lupus and a negative even if you do? I guess I was just wondering if I should be concerned about lupus? or just stop worrying about this reoccurring rash and swollen ankles and I don't know whatever else pops up because a few do quite frequently.
Are you still having these symptoms? Try massage every 3 weeks it helped with muscle and joint pain.