Aa
A
A
Close
256161 tn?1196882646
What now?
Well, another call and visit to Rheumatologist and now I DO def have Lupus due to a positive anti-DsDna antibody test only used in diagnosing Lupus. So now I am in a bad flare and just spent the last few days in and out of hospital. They gave me so much morphine for the pain that it caused urinary retention and now I have to wear a cath bag to urinate until I see my urologist on Mon. I am so tired and very depressed and feel like my health has plunged since I got strep 2 weeks ago and I can not get out of this rut.I am working full time and taking care of a 5 year old and 3 year old. I am physically and emotionally drained. I am afraid of missing so much work, and they do understand, but only to a certain extent. I am in constant pain now and my kidneys keep acting up. I asked to see a rheumy doc while in hosp. and was told that unless you are in organ failure from the Lupus that the rheumy docs rarely come to the hosp. I was a little taken back and not to mention that hardly any of the docs I saw at hospital knew even a little bit about Lupus. They all shrugged their heads when I asked if certain symptoms were from the Lupus. I am new to this diagnosis even though I have dealt with this for 5 years. I know there is info online, but sometimes it doesnt have all the answers. I have horrible pain in sternum due to urinary retention and I look 5 months pregnant because of it. I can't pee on my own right now and I feel like I have the flu. Sorry about the book, I needed to vent to people who understand what I am dealing with.

Thanks for listening!
Pietiangel
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
434278 tn?1324709825
So sorry to hear about your struggles.

When are you scheduled to see a  rhematologist?

I know that there are medicines that help with lupus.  Praying for you.  

Some things to watch out for are:
Stress
sun exposure
soft drinks
(I'm not sure if sugar is a contributor of flares)

Try to not worry, and just be patient.  Help is on the way.
Comment
Cancel
434278 tn?1324709825
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
256161 tn?1196882646
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Lupus Community Resources