Lupus Community
What now?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lupus.

What now?

Well, another call and visit to Rheumatologist and now I DO def have Lupus due to a positive anti-DsDna antibody test only used in diagnosing Lupus. So now I am in a bad flare and just spent the last few days in and out of hospital. They gave me so much morphine for the pain that it caused urinary retention and now I have to wear a cath bag to urinate until I see my urologist on Mon. I am so tired and very depressed and feel like my health has plunged since I got strep 2 weeks ago and I can not get out of this rut.I am working full time and taking care of a 5 year old and 3 year old. I am physically and emotionally drained. I am afraid of missing so much work, and they do understand, but only to a certain extent. I am in constant pain now and my kidneys keep acting up. I asked to see a rheumy doc while in hosp. and was told that unless you are in organ failure from the Lupus that the rheumy docs rarely come to the hosp. I was a little taken back and not to mention that hardly any of the docs I saw at hospital knew even a little bit about Lupus. They all shrugged their heads when I asked if certain symptoms were from the Lupus. I am new to this diagnosis even though I have dealt with this for 5 years. I know there is info online, but sometimes it doesnt have all the answers. I have horrible pain in sternum due to urinary retention and I look 5 months pregnant because of it. I can't pee on my own right now and I feel like I have the flu. Sorry about the book, I needed to vent to people who understand what I am dealing with.

Thanks for listening!
Pietiangel
So sorry to hear about your struggles.

When are you scheduled to see a  rhematologist?

I know that there are medicines that help with lupus.  Praying for you.  

Some things to watch out for are:
Stress
sun exposure
soft drinks
(I'm not sure if sugar is a contributor of flares)

Try to not worry, and just be patient.  Help is on the way.