Lupus Community
When should I worry?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lupus.

When should I worry?

I have lupus.... And fibro ( also, scoliosis, and back damage) Here are just a few of my everyday symptoms:  severe weakness, painful joints (especially in my fingers), blister type rash that I get on my torso and sometimes arms and legs, same blister type lesions around hairline, nose sores, shortness of breath, swelling in hands, noticed swelling in my eyelids ( thought it was just aging), flu like symptoms everyday, major stiffness especially in the morning that makes even walking difficult at times.... My vision is getting worse....I've started seeing bright flashes of white light.  The other night there were lightning strikes in the sky that were super thick looking and strange, of course they weren't really there....depression and it seems my personality has changed.  I'm angry and irritable constantly.  All I want to do is yell and snap at everyone....my memory is almost Alzheimer's like....concentration is zip.  Like I said, those are just SOME.  Recently, I started feeling BAD.  Bad where I dread waking up in the morning because of the pain and knowing it's going to be another day of hell.  I am wondering if the lupus has started to attack my kidneys, and/or brain?  I'm not on any meds other than Lyrica and a pain med that doesn't even work at times.  I haven't gone to a rheum yet either.  I guess I never really took the diagnosis seriously enough ....now I'm scared.  I know my options as far as meds go and don't want them bc the side effects seem so severe.  I've read horrid stories.  My dr said if I don't, I may have 10 years..... I'm so lost and just have had enough.  
I have to make my rheum appt, that I know--- but until then, what do I do if it becomes too much?  ER?  How domain know when it's gotten worse as far as symptoms go? M
Oh-- muscle spasms that are similar to those when you just start to fall asleep (it's on the tip of my tongue) but they happen when I'm awake...my entire body will jerk.  Hard.  Major, major fatigue....my husband being laid off is a blessing in disguise bc I can barely even take care of my kids lately... I just need someone who gets it:(
Did you make appt w rheum?