Lupus Community
anemia with lupus
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lupus.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

anemia with lupus

does anyone have anemia and or tachychadia along wit lupus?
have these two conditions without the drs knowing why (or caring much)... they put me on birthcontrol pills
but added estrogen I've read can be a trigger for lupus??
Tags: lupus, anemia
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
483733_tn?1326802046
It does seem odd that a doctor would put you on a hormone when you have Lupus.  I would question that.  

I have bad anemia and my rheumatologist doesn't seem concerned either.  From my research it is rather normal for Lupus to have this - it can be due to NSAIDs, other drugs, or as a part of the Lupus disease itself.  My family doctor is concerned and is driving me crazy trying to find out why.

Good luck and hope you are doing better soon.
Blank
434278_tn?1324709825
WELCOME TO MEDHELP

I don't have anemia, but I have tachycardia during flares.  

As far as the hormones go, they used to think the birth control pill could cause lupus.  But now they don't contain as much estrogen as they once did.  Personally I have stayed away from the pill because of the increase risk of breat cancer.  It is noted that estrogen-containing contraceptives are not recommeded for patients with SLE who have antiphospholipid antibodies, high blood pressure, igraine headaches, a history of abnormal blood clotting, or very high cholesterol or triglyceride levels.  

One thing that could be causing the anemia is low vit B-12.  Ask your dr.about this.  THey may want to do injections.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Lupus Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...