Lupus Community
best medicine
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lupus.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

best medicine

My mother was perscribed Hydroxychloroquine(plaquenil) 200mg and she is suffering sever side effects with this medication.   She has also consumed alcohol a couple of times.  1st question i know all meds say dont consume alcohol but can wine really have any effect on you while taking this specific medication???   I went thru the list of side effects on the sheet that is given to you with the medicationand she has a majority of them serious ones also.  I am really worried about her she went to the doctor because of these WELTS that she has often gotten all over her body but this time they were really sevear enough for them to extract one and do a biopsy and they are saying she has Lupus but they are waiting for the blood work to come back to tell her which one she has.  So they perscribed this medicine which is used for Milaria and it did make the Welts go away they were in her joints, hands, wrists everywhere.. the welts are pretty much gone but she is suppose to take this medicine for 60 days she cant she is miserable, she is confused, dizzy mentally its messing her up..  Is this the only medicine that she can take for this type of thing??? I wanted to take her to the ER but she refused, When is it the right time to panic and can she stop taking this medicine if it is effecting her this way???      any advise on this would be so appreciated