Lupus Community
can't sleep???
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lupus.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

can't sleep???

Hello, I am new to Lupus and actually I am going to my first hematology appointment tomorrow. I am so tired and feel horrible, which I have become accustomed to. I have have been taking xanax 0.50 at bedtime for years because of my anxiety but I normally fall right to sleep and sleep all night. Last night my nerves had every muscle clenched and my stomache was hurting. I ended up taking 1mg of xanax and a melatonin and still could not sleep. Does anyone else have this problem? I did notice that my butterfly rash is much greater today than it had been and I have been using steroid cream as usual.
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1417454_tn?1282144856
not hematologist but a rheumatologist.
Blank
Welcome to the weird world of lupus. Yes it can be very weird one person will have certain symptoms while another have others.
Once you go to you rheumo doc and he starts you on medication some of your problems might go to the wayside yet it will take some time, nothing about Lupus is overnight.
About sleep, stress has alot to do with it, our bodies feel stress sometimes without you yourself even knowing  it.
There are nights i watch the clock..1 a.m. goes by then 3 a.m. and once in awhile I don't get to sleep till 8 a.m or so. I sleep when I can.It can be frustrating.
I'm thinking maybe your body has gotten used to the xanax and it might be time to change to something else.
Good luck with your appointment.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Lupus Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank