coming off prednisone: symtoms
I am curious for those of you who have been on prednisone long term for flares, how did you feel when you went off of it?

I was on 60mg for spinal myelitis 8 months ago and finally finished tapering my prednisone a week ago.  But I've been feeling not so hot since then.  Debilitating fatigue, no energy, dizzy and lightheaded and worst of all is the mental fog I am in.  I feel sedated and it's affecting my job and day-to-day tasks.  Anyone else go through something similar?

I called my rheumatologist who ordered bloodwork and I guess we'll go from there. :)

Tara
Although I have not been on steroid for long term, a friend of mine has.  She described a more emotional roller coaster in some of them, some not so bad.  But it sounds like your symptoms have all come back.  Do you have lupus?  Are you on plaquinel?
Since you are off the predisone you might want to try methotrexate. You only have to take it once a week and I liked it alot better the steroid