dont know what to do
i have been sick for a few years with no answers other than fibromyalgia, neurothapy (feet) and Arthritis in my spine.  Without going into too much detail i have all the signs of lupus and then some. This time last year i had a postive ana, high crp levels and was sent to a rheumy-subsequent test she did were all normal. I have continued to be sick, chief complaints, urinary issues, dry mouth, eye and nose, headaches, facial numbness, tingling, joint pain, extreme fatigue, hands and feet tingle, burn and go numb, ibs, -no rash on face, just redness, profusely sweating, pain head to toe, i have had every other test you can think of from female hormone levels checked to my thyroid, x=rays, mri's, endoscopy/colonoscopy everthing and i still cannot get any answers because i dont have the bloodwork, what is a person to do ? do you have to be in a full blown flare for it to show up in bloodwork ?
Hi!
I am sorry to hear about your medical problems. To confirm lupus, it is important to know your ANA staining pattern. Homogenous ANA staining pattern is very specific of lupus. If the ANA staining pattern is homogenous, then other tests which need to be done are Smith Antibody (Anti-Smith), Anti-dsDNA, and Anti-ssDNA. If staining pattern is speckled, then presence of dsDNA antibodies confirms lupus to a great extent. If the ANA staining test is equivocal, the ANA should be studied further to confirm lupus diagnosis. Presence of anti-SM (Smith) almost confirms lupus diagnosis, as it is rarely present in other disorders. Anti-Ro and Anti-Sm together almost confirm diagnosis. Please discuss this in detail with your treating doctor.
Other possibilities in your case could be hyperparathyroidism, low vitamin D, low vitamin B, electrolyte imbalance and Sjogren’s. Please consult your doctor regarding this. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.