Lupus Community
fatigue
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lupus.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

fatigue

Why do I feel tired all the time and why at times do I feel so tired I feel as if I am going  to faint.  I get so tired, I can't think, I can't moviate.  The doctor put me on anxity medication which only slows the brain down more.  Can someone please help me?
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
351246_tn?1379685732
Hi!
Extreme fatigue could be due to menopause/hormonal imbalance of PCOD, anemia, diabetes, hypothyroidism, or due to kidney or liver problems. Another possibility is sleep disturbances (like sleep apnea, imbalance of rapid eye and non rapid eye movement sleep etc.). You may sleep your customary 7-8 hours and yet feel fatigued. You need sleep studies to rule this out. Other possibilities are chronic fatigue syndrome, depression, low Vit B12, low iron, low calcium, sodium and potassium. Hyperthyroidism too causes increased sweating and tiredness.   Postviral fatigue syndrome is another possibility. Persisting EBV infection or mono can also be the cause. A comprehensive investigation is required keeping all the points in mind. Do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined. Take care!
Blank
I would say to start with the basics, try eating right, taking supplements increasing water intake, and exercising. Even if you're too tired now to exercise, get your butt up and start just five minutes...everytime you think of it. If that doesn't help after a couple weeks Then start up some lab work. Also note to yourself and your dr if ibuprofen seems to help you feel better all around.
Blank
Becky,

quite a lot of illnesses can make you tired all the time.  What other symptoms do you have (especially ones that get better or worse at the same time as the fatigue).

Brian
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Lupus Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank