fever
So how often do you all get fevers? How bad? When do you go to the doctor for them?

I get low-grade fevers frequently, but they don't usually last long, so I don't worry. But now I've had a slight fever (only 1-2 degrees above normal) that's come and gone over the last four days, and I've never had that before. I feel okay (well, you know), so I don't know quite what to make of it. And I'd really like to avoid going to the docs. I hate them.
Hi .
Fevers are very common in Lupus. For some they happen very frequently, and can often be a good indicator, of when a Flare-up is going to begin.
A lot of Lupus Sufferers, also feel very fluey, like they are coming down with the flu, and tend to run a slight fever.

I suppose if you feel ok when you get the fevers, then it maybe a symptom with no little effect.
However for some when the fevers come, it is usually a good indicator, of when a Flare-up of symptoms, is on the horizon.

I hope this has helped you, and if you feel poorly at anytime then i would say go and see the doctor.

Good Luck
Nicola
I agree with the above comment - I also get low grade fevers with my lupus quite often.  I would say so long as a) it doesn't continue for more than 7-10 days, b) isn't accompanied by other symptoms of infection such as coughing up colored sputum, etc., c) isn't accompanied by severe sore throat or headache and d) isn't something COMPLETELY new for you, then it's more than likely either how "your" lupus "typically" runs or is an indicator of a possible flare coming on.  I do tend to run more of the fevers when a flare is coming on.

Also, I must add that if you are on any medication that supresses teh immune system, such as prednisone, it's important to tell your doctor about ANY fevers, as medications like that do make you more succeptible to infections and the signs of an infection may also be different from what you would have normally experienced.

Meanwhile, do what you can to make yourself comfortable from the fever - fever reducing meds if you're permitted to take them, lots of fluids and rest.

I hope you feel bettter!
Sorry, I forgot to add that my "lupus" fevers typically run right around 100.  My doctor has advised me that if I start running a fever above 101.5 (for more than a day or so that I can't relate to a flu or other illness) or one that is accompanied by any of the symptoms I mentioned above, that I come in to be checked.
Thanks, all! That really helps. :)
I have SLE I Recently had a Fever of 101. to 103.9 over the weekend, I went to the Dr. on Monday, but then the fever was gone, without any swabs, or blood test he told me it was the flu... I know it wasn't the flu, I had no sniffles, cough or congestion, just fever... Why do we get fevers? I need to ask more questions to my Doctors, but unless you have quality Healthcare, They want to run out of the office...Sorry just a little frustrated...I have Lupus since 1994, diagnosed with "Systemic" about 5yrs ago..