Lupus Community
foot and leg pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lupus.

foot and leg pain

Does anyone have leg and feet pain? I was diagnosed with sle in 1988.
Yes I do.  I get pain in what feels like the bone all the way down my lower legs and feels like someone has hit me with a baseball bat in the thighs.  My ankles and the entirety of my feet hurt.  They often feel like they are in spasm.  My pain pretty much goes throughout my body but I do find it harder to take the feet and back pain.  My ankles and feet will also swell up quite a lot if I am on them too much.  

How do you deal with it?
I plan on buying dr. shouls shoes and inserts to see if that helps. I only work 2.5 hours a day and within 1 hour my feet hurt. But they even hurt when I am off from them.
Yes, I have pain from my lower back and down.  Today, it is my right leg.  My knee is swollen and tender.  Last night I had cramp in my right foot and ankle.  

I suffer from edema and am on Lasix, Spironolactone, and Diovan. Even with all of these meds, i still swell.  As you can imagine I spend a lot of time on the john.
Does anyone get pain in all their lymph node areas?  Neck, shoulders, armpits, breasts, hips, knees, ankles, etc...Is this common with Lupus?
My legs and feet hurt all the time. I can be on my feet just a few min. and they start hurting so bad I can hardly stand it. Lately, I have been getting leg cramps when I walk. It's very painful. I wonder if anyone else gets these cramps? I'm also getting them in my hands and arms. So I don't know what's going on.
I have had and of course still am having all of the symptoms that are posted here,but I want to ask if anyone has also had seizures and strokes with their lupus?I have had lupus (SLE) since 1987,but I had symptoms long before that.I will see my doctor soon,I just can't work anymore.I'm just tired now,I do thank GOD that I am able to wake up every morning.No matter how many fevers I get during the day,I force myself to keep going until evening time.I have tried to lay down and relax during these BAD days and I found that it only makes me feel even worse.The pain becomes to much for me if I just lay down during the day.I am taking Plaquenil,but not controling my symptoms.So,I will soon see my doctor for it.Just wanting to know if anyone else here has also had strokes/seizures?
Yes I have leg pain. Burning feet, cramps, shooting pains. Always constant pain. They say I have neuropathy. Take painkillers regularly, can no lnger work. Unable to walk any distance. But still haven't been diagnosed. Started jan 2009. See Rheumatologist Jan 2010. I have to say hang in there, your body will adjust slowly. You learn to do things in a different way and develop a time schedule that suits your physical limitations. Docs have now started me on anti depressants( recommended for neuropathy). Have tried lyrica, prdenisone, topimirate. I'm only 39 but now feel much older. The good news is I now get to spend more time with my family. The bad news is that I don't know what's really wrong.
For feet pain, try ice packs or ice water. For leg and back pain I use a heating pad.
I hope I can help, please feel free to write back.
Best wishes Marie822