help me please
can lyme disease cause lupus,if the lyme is cronic
Lyme disease can mimic over 100 different conditions.
The Borreli burgdorferi (Lymes) infection can affect any part, any organ and any system in one's body!! The symptoms are numerous, variable, inconsistent and totally unpredictable.
It is also extremely difficult to diagnose. And yet it has to be ruled out,
as being mis-diagnosed robs patients from the opportunity of getting proper treatment. Lyme disease can be treated in most cases by LLMDs the ONLY doctors who will diagnose and treat Lyme Disease effectively
-NOT by following IDSA guidelines, which has created this HUGE controversy- and is putting thousands of Lyme Disease sufferers in Limbo!
Unfortunately Lyme Disease is also a rather expensive disease for the people that do not have health insurance coverage.
keywords to search:
LLMD, ILADS, IGENEX LABS, IMMED.ORG.
Hope this helps.
Blessings.
Niko
So the posters question was...." Can lyme disease 'cause' lupus?"

I'm thinking with lymes you would not have the elevated ANA along with the other criteria for lupus.

Theoretically, a person can have lymes and lupus at the same time, just like a person could have lupus and a cold at the same time.  And since things that stress the body can trigger a lupus flare in a person who is predispossitioned.  I think lymes "could" trigger an autoimmune disease - if a person has the disease lyeing dorment (so to speak).

Just my uneducated guess of course.

You are  right to suspect that Lyme Disease should not have the
elevated ANA or other Lupus criteria.
You are so considerate to put your response in such a kind way.
Others could have just "attacked" me for my comments!

However, Lyme disease can trigger an autoimmune response
that mimics Lupus (or other conditions), which in turn after  
proper dx and  abx treatment (for Lyme) simply may just vanish- not consistent  with  any results from lupus treatment protocols.
(There have been  numerous confirmed documented cases. I haven't looked at any medical studies yet).
The real issue is that Lupus is a more "definable" condition, where conventional medicine has established some acceptable dx criteria, even if there's no curative treatment available.
On the other hand Lyme Disease is not a "definable" condition, conventional medicine has NOT established acceptable dx criteria and treatment, and is the subject of one of the major medical controversies in modern times!  I'm sure you are familiar with all this.
Therefore, it is my opinion, that Lupus sufferers (among other A/I disease
sufferers) are NOT being served well by the health care system, when the
ruling out Lyme Disease is NOT usually an option available to them!
  The complexities surrounding Lyme Disease approaches, are possibly
depriving thousands from a better and healthier life, and this includes thousands of Lupus patients, as LD is a curable condition and Lupus isn't.
So does Lyme Disease cause Lupus?
My answer is: I don't know and I don't think so. But it may trigger an
autoimmune response that mimics Lupus.
And that should be investigated thoroughly!
A mis-diagnosis is far worse than undiagnosis, as it determines and defines your long term treatment (wrong treatment) options -sometimes for life.           medical life sentence lol!

I hope this helps, but most of all, I hope it elicits critical thinking,
so some members of this community can potentially benefit from pursuing this further.
Blessings to all!
Niko
thank you, you are right.  fibromyalgia, brown recluse bites, auto immune problems and sudden allergies are just not being taken seriously by the medical world.  I have been tested for lupus, RA, lyme disease ect so many times I've lost count.  It doesn't mean its not positive, but after years of having things, they won't show up on tests.  Auto immune problems is serious and real, and there is one that  is a combo of auto immune (like all the ones I listed above) it's real, but tested individually? it won't come up. MCTD I think its called MCTD multiple connective tissue disorder