Lupus Community
kidney

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lupus.

kidney

I'm really upset. You see in 2007 my Lupus attacked my right kidney, it blew up and I had to have it removed. Now my left kidney is really infected and the docs are doing everything they can to save it yet in the back of my mind I'm afraid that I might loose this one too. Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do , i've been drinking water and cranberry juice yet it has been three weeks so far without no inprovement.
Have you checked around online about foods that are good? Careful kidney diet is probably a must.

Do you have access to a juicer (or can you get access to one and use it often)?

I've heard that fresh juice is really good for the kidneys ( I worry about mine sometimes because I only have one). The fresher the juice, the more effective it is, and the faster live enzymes can get absorbed by your body.

The other thing that has helped me a lot in the past is FIUGGI water:

http://www.finewaters.com/Bottled_Water/Italy/Fiuggi.asp
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7812305

They have done some studies on it's improvement of renal calculosis, but I think that it definitely has other great detoxifying properties as well (be prepared to pee!) I would drink a lot of it! Some tap, bottled and filtered waters are not the best.

I also hope they are giving you something to help blast out that infection. Sending you my best wishes and thoughts for your speedy recovery :)
That is upsetting, I'm so sorry and wish there was more I could do. My heart goes out to you. Do they have you on prednisone? Is it helping? The only things that come to mind are cranberry which you said you already tried, and the Fugi water, I read that the artisan fugi water contains something great for connective tissue :)  you can pick it up anywhere like walgreens or walmart.  What are your beliefs as far as things like energy healing like reiki go?  
Alos the doc I see now thinks on a very scientific levels which I like, and he says that whey and magnesium are bad for lupus...... and there are many things that have whey in them I never paid attention to before like ice cream, protein shakes and bars, even rice cakes.  So who knows maybe watching those things could help.  And don't forget to laugh :) that's the best medicine of all.
Thank you very much for your replies. Yes I like the Fuji water. I also have tried celery seed tea.
So far my doctors have tried septra and even a shot of an antibodic. Yesterday i went in to get some test done to see if it is gone yet. Hopefully it is.

The reason I can't tell is cause I take pain pills  we figured because my potassium has been giving me trouble since last december I might have had this infection since then.

My doctors know my thought that if i am still living with this infection then put me in the hospital and pump me up with iv antibodics and get me  well as normal as we can be.

We tried predisone several times yet each time I took it I ended up in ICU with my blood sugars over 1000.. yep I'm a diabedic too. so no predisone for me

What has gotten me threw everything medical is my faith. I figure there is a reason that The Lord has me go threw what I do and if my left kidney has to go too then maybe I can show people you can have a complete life.

Thank You again for your help
Please keep us posted and feel free to contact me anytime if you need to talk. I know it might seem like a dumb question, but what are you eating? Have the doctors suggested a particular diet or are you basically on fluids right now?

If you can do potassium free raw juices that might help.  

I'm sending good vibes to you for the best possible results on your tests!

Take good care :)
This will help your kidney.
These pranayam exercises will help control the kidney problems and the side effects.Build up the timing gradually.If you feel tired or dizzy, stop and resume after about a minute.The benefits will be noticed in weeks.

Kapalbhati -(Do it before eating) Push air forcefully(quick sniff out) out through the nose about once per second. Stomach will itself go in(contract in). The breathing in(through the nose) will happen automatically. Establish a rhythm and do for 15 to 30 minutes twice a day.
Children under 15 years – do 10 to 15 minutes twice a day.
Not for pregnant women. Seriously ill people do it gently(once in 2 seconds).

Anulom Vilom –
Close your right nostril with thumb and deep breath-in through left nostril
then – close left nostril with two fingers and breath-out through right nostril
then -keeping the left nostril closed deep breath-in through right nostril
then - close your right nostril with thumb and breath-out through left nostril.
This is one cycle of anulom vilom.
Repeat this cycle for 15 to 30 minutes twice a day.
Children under 15 years -  do 10 to 15 minutes twice a day.
You can do this before breakfast/lunch/dinner or before bedtime or in bed.Remember to take deep long breaths into the lungs.You can do this while sitting on floor or chair or lying in bed.

Also everyday, press the (kidney point) centre point of the palm of both your  hands 40 times with the thumb and press the tips of all fingers 40 times each.
To stimulate the kidneys: mandukasan(not for pregnant women) - kneel down(with feet pointing inwards,and sit on the ankles/heels, Vajrasan position), breathe in and breathe out completely and hold your breath, pull the stomach in, press both your  hands on stomach(on the navel), bend forward as much as possible keeping the head straight, hold for 5 to 15 seconds and come back up while breathing in. Repeat  this 5 times daily  to stimulate the kidney and pancreas.Mandukasan2 - Repeat the whole process,but this time with with fists of both hands pressing against the stomach.Mandukasan can be done sitting on a chair, if you cannot bend the legs.
Hey girl, I'm so sorry to hear about your kidney problems.  I know nothing is too difficult for God.  I don't have any advice to offer, but I do know how to pray in faith believing that what God says in His word He is able and willing to perform!!!!

What do you mean your right kidney blew up.  Did you have hydronephrosis?  Did the infection cause an obstruction?  And was there any symptoms with this?  Sorry for all the questions when I know you are going through so much.  

Please keep us posted and know that I'm praying for you girl!  
Kara
Sounds funny but drink swimming pool water. chlorinated water. or chlorine mixed with water.To get rid of the infection it may have to be a little stronger than the swimming pool water mix. Do some research to see how much is tolerable. We all know you can drink swimming pool water I just don't know how much stronger to make  the dose. god bless you.
Hello, are you better now?