Lupus Community
lupus/bad blood circulation, fingers and toes turning white and tingle ...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lupus.

lupus/bad blood circulation, fingers and toes turning white and tingle when its cold

hello I was diagnosed with lupus last winter and one reason I went to the doctor in the first place was because of my fingers and toes. When they get cold they turn ghostly white and hurt really bad (tingly sensation). Has anyone else expeienced this? If o how could it be treated or help? Please and thankyou :)
It sounds like Raynauds syndrome.Recommended treatment is avoid the cold and keep them covered(like gloves when getting out ice or digging in the freezer)I have it and one hand is usually colder than the other when it gets going not sure why :) its annoying and everyone complains of the cold hands and feet esp in winter..I just layer up well.Mine is not severe enough to medicate for.

If you google raynauds you will find a ton of reputable sites(Mayo,WebMD)that offer info.It also commonly affects the toes.There are medications for very very severe cases perhaps bring it to the drs attention at next appt and ask if its possible you might be dealing with it.
Yeah I have that problem. With me it is because my blood is too thick, that can happen to some SLE people.

You need to get ahold of your doctor (ASAP) and tell him/her whats going on.
Hello, I have Raynauld's and it sounds just like it. My Rheumatologist told me to avoid the cold and when I do have an attack to run my hands and feet under warm water.