red knuckles, stiff hands, pain in hands
Hi,  I have multiple things going on.  But one constant are stiff hands in the morning.  They get very sore and painful especially after doing anything with my hands.  I also get red knuckles... been tested for RF but it's negative.
Any ideas?
Hi!
Well, symptom wise it does sound like rheumatoid arthritis. Having a negative RF does not rule out rheumatoid arthritis. In the first few years, while the symptoms of RA develop, patients often have a negative RF. Usually the ESR and c-reactive protein is raised and the anti-citrullinated protein antibodies are positive. X-rays and magnetic resonance imaging studies are also often negative in the first few years. Symptom wise and clinical diagnosis along with the tests I have mentioned are a useful guide for the diagnosis of RA.
Other less likely possibilities are lupus, osteoarthritis, and gout. Please discuss with your doctor and get this investigated. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.