Lupus Community
sed rate
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lupus.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

sed rate

My sed rate was 22 6 months ago and now at 6 months later it's 38.  Is that bad?
Related Discussions
8 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1618577_tn?1388803044
Anything 25 or under most doctors wont care about because its low abnormal (my sed rate recently was 25 and no one has seemed concerned)  38 shows there is some inflammation going on but again its kinda low. i'd say talk more with your doctor and see a rheumatologist if possible. i'm still in the process of being tested for autoimmune disorders myself
Blank
Thanks for the reply.  I see my Rheumy once a year and my appt is coming up April 4.  But my ANA just came back today and every 6 months the pattern always says nucleola and speckled.  It never changes.  Do you know anything about that?
Blank
1618577_tn?1388803044
Some people can have speckled and be ok. Mine's been speckled ever since I had mono or EBV last year but my sed rate is 25, and I've tested clean for everything else, lupus, scleroderma, etc. Do you have any other symptoms? I was just diagnosed with fibromyalgia last week and possibly chronic fatigue too, those are ones that are diagnosis of exclusion but it never hurts to ask
Blank
In 2003 I was diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and then in 2009, my Rheumatologist said I have too many symptoms for it not to be Lupus.  Because he ruled out CFS because of my symptoms.  But I don't have the pain.  I have the rash on my face and neck.  But the rash on my cheeks doesn't spare the naso folds.  I just don't understand the nucleola pattern that continues showing up.  I don't have Scleroderma, as I don't have any pain and no symptoms fit that criteria.  
Blank
434278_tn?1324709825
Nucleolar patterns are often seen in SLE and suggest scleroderma.

Speckled pattern is seen in SLE, numerous other sutoimmune diseases and in some healthy individuals who show low amounts of antibody.  

W/ scleroderma, you could have just a small patch of skin affected and nothing else.  As the disease progresses, it can, and likely will, affect the esophagus and the skin.  The patches will become shiny and uncomfortably tight and the esophagus stiffens.  

Note that both patterns are seen in SLE.
Blank
Thanks.  Could that be that red scar circle under my bottom lip?  I will be asking my rheumy in a couple weeks but I wouldn't know if it's scleroderma?
Blank
434278_tn?1324709825
Ask your dr. about doing a biopsy.  

Has anyone tried any medicine like Plaquinel or prednisone?

The place you desribe on your lip does not sound like scleroderma, but is possibly related to the lupus type symptoms.  

Sure wished they could get to the bottom of this, you've been sick for too long.  

Praying for you.
Blank
The red, circular spot under my bottom lip has now gone away after two months.  But then it will come back again another time.  Any thoughts about this?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Lupus Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...