Lupus Community
sun exposure prior to ana test?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lupus.

sun exposure prior to ana test?

I'm having lab work and read here that exposure to sun before would be good to quicker identify with an ana test.
Can someone elaborate. I was going to take the test tonight or tomorrow. i'm working all day--but can go out in the sun--for how long? will it show more if I'm in the sun today and wait til tomorrow to do the test? or does it matter?
i was in the sun a few days ago at the beach and got a rash...s i dont want to be in too much...too long...but i really want to know if this is lupus.. have a few of the sympoms--butterfly rash in face, raised rash after sun, anemia, fatigue etc.
Hi there, WELCOME TO MEDHELP!

Sorry that this is maybe getting to you too late.  I know sun exposure really helped me get a dx.  I spent time in the sun just prior to the dr. appt.  I spent about 20 min. out on a HOT July day.  Then it was an hour or two before the lab was actually drawn.  My ANA was 1:2,560.  

Hpe this helps