Lupus Community
tanning bed causes flares?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lupus.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

tanning bed causes flares?

I started using a tanning bed for 1 month. Then I got very tired and had my hemoglobin checked...it had dropped over a point and a half. I also had a pleurisy attack and chest pains with radiating down my left arm and into my jaw. I went to the ER and then my cardiologist...it is not my heart.  It has now been over 2 months since I did the tanning bed the last time and my hemoglobin is slowly climbing. I have had a positive ANA just once after I had been in the sun too much.  Did the tanning booth cause all this stuff?
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
483733_tn?1326802046
It definitely could have.  They are a big no no for those with Lupus - same issues as the sun.
Blank
Don't ever go back to tanning beds again. Not being rude here just concerned. In Australia there are banned to under aged residents because of deaths associated with them. Not trying to scare you but please be aware, be kind to your skin. Iam sure you're beautiful without a tan.
Blank
That sounds awful. Yeah, you need to stop that.  I'm severely photosensitive, fluoresent lights affect me if I am under them too long.  A tanning bed sounds so horrible.
Blank
Thank-you so much for your responses...they confirm what I was thinking and I will never go near another tanning bed again. I found a spray leg makeup that looks just as good and does not stink. I never liked the sunless tanning stuff because of the smell, but this is easy. You spray it on, smooth it, let it dry and it does not come off until you use soap and water and scrub.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Lupus Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank