tes
I recently had blood work for possible chrones, lupus and thyroid disease and tested postive for ANA. My doctor told me that it was not lupus but could possibly be rheumatoriad arthritis. How do I know for sure that it's not lupus because both RA and Lupus will show a positive ANA  
To:

If I were you I would see a rheumatologist and they can determine which it is. General physicans are not usually that knowledgeable about Lupus
Do you have any of the other symptoms?  A positive or negative ANA is not a sound way to diagnose Lupus?  I was diagnosed by my Family Practitioner.  What are your symptoms?
I have a positive ANA and have Mixed Connective Tissue disease;
All of the Connective tissue diseases may show a positive ANA, but the ANA alone does not diagnose the disease....each disease specifically is tested for a certain antibody so that you know specifically what you have. I test positive for Lupus & Sjorens, not for the Rheumatoid Factor. My levels vary, so I am tested every 60 days. I do see a Rheumatologist.
Does lupus have different types of symptons? Is gaining weight one of them? even though you don't eat that much?