Lupus Community
what happens?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lupus.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

what happens?

I'm 19 weeks pregnant but I have a lupus snit body. What do I need so my baby is safe. ?
351246_tn?1379685732
Hi!
I can understand your concerns. The lupus anticoagulant test is usually ordered if you had previous miscarriages, thrombotic events, biologically false-positive VDRL, a positive antinuclear antibody test, or doctors suspect that you have antiphospholipid syndrome (Anti-cardiolipin antibodies test is also done for confirmation) or lupus. Usually the series of tests are repeated several weeks later to determine whether the lupus anticoagulant is transient or persistent (risen since the last test). If the levels rise, then chances of miscarriage, placental blood vessel thrombosis etc remain high. Pregnancies with persistent lupus anticoagulant will need to be closely monitored.
You need to undergo further testing to confirm whether you have lupus. At times lupus improves with pregnancy and causes hardly any affect on the growing fetus. At other times it can worsen and affect your kidneys, and that of baby. It may cause pre-eclampsia (high BP) like condition in you which can cause premature, low birth weight babies or can even cause still births. Other than this it can cause transient rash on the baby.
Please discuss this in detail with your Obs and Gyn. Take care!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Lupus Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank