Lupus Community
yes, I've been tested for Lymes dis. Thankfully-negative. :)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lupus.

And here's...the rest of the story. Mom&wife of 21 yrs. HANDSOME, brilliant 13 yr old son, BEAUTIFUL, soooo talented 19 yr old daughter. Blessedvwith THE MOST HANDSOME AND AMAZING HUSBAND od 20 yrsvthat has my back, sides & front ;) no matter what life may bring...an absolutely amazing family and support system that loves the Lord! Luckily most of our boys are very healthy, but us girls haven't been quite as blessed heath-wise... :( (I'll let my daughter tell u about her brush with death 3 yrs ago...
I had an extreme case of endometriosis that lead to one lapro clean out, one open ab clean out, and finally a radical hysterectomy. (thank goodness we had our children young!!) I also have a "bad leg" that has had the small bone next to the shin bone broken, two knee surgeries (same leg) from a severed miniscus that occurred in a car wreck when I was 16, (my knee lost the battle with an old fashioned a/c / heater knob and my entire knee was ripped wide open. (the second surgery was a laparoscopic clean up after I had my 2 nd child. (wow, carrying that big boy on that failing knee was NOT fun!
I lived 37 yrs with the back side of one chamber of my heart completely missing. There's so much to tell about that story, but so much more to add about other hlth things that keep popping up, that I'll save it for a rainy day except to say that I am now the proud owner of the very largest ASD closure device made in the USA/possibly world wide. The ASD closure 1 1/2 yr ago was one of the easiest "surgeries" I've been through (I've had a total of 14 in my 39 yrs...) but I have been headed on a downward spiral health wise ea day since. I was on plavix, 4 fish oil/day and 2 baby aspirin for 1 yr until the 3rd echo w/bubble study showed no more shunting (mixing of unoxygenated and oxygenated blood. No more plavix, but will always need fish oil, aspirin and toprol. Since the closure, I have been diagnosed with severe RA, Lupus, seizures, and most recently 2 inner cranial brain bleeds. I have touse a cane to get around on the days that I'm able to get out of bed at all. My family has to take care of me continually because of the seizures, severe pain, inability to remember things like what meds to take when, refill, have I eaten today, etc? Today is an excellent day so I'm sitting up in bed telling all of u my story while I can still remember some details, hoping maybe someday my story maybe able to help others. (more later :)