Lyme Disease Community
Burning, Itching, Electrical under skin??

This forum is for questions and support regarding What Causes Lyme Disease, Diagnosing Lyme Disease, and Joint Pain. Topics for discussion also include Living with Lyme Disease, Babesia, Bartonella, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, Anaplasmosis, other Tick Borne Diseases, Nervous System issues, Prevention, Risk Factors, Skin Disorders, Symptoms and Treatments

Hey folks,

Brief History... Igenex test showed lyme specific positive or IND. Believe I was bit about 7 years ago. Haven't actively started treating, but have done few cycles of doxy and cats claw.

So lately for the past week I have been on LDN(Low Dose Naltrexone) since I have Hashimotos Auto Immune. I have noticed that alot of my Lyme symptoms have come back with avengance.

These symptoms only seem to occur when I am sleeping. They are a toxic feeling in my whole body. This consists of heavy arms, burning/itching under my skin, and an electrical type feeling that is very uncomfortable. Needless to say I cannot sleep with this.

Can any of you relate with these symptoms? Why does this only occur while sleeping or trying to relax?

Also, I was thinking about starting to use an infrared sauna for detoxing and Lyme treatment, anyone has experience?

Thank you!
Cycles of doxy and cats claw = treatment!

Re hashimoto's -- there can be some connection between Lyme and thyroid disorders, but I don't know much more than that about it.  I recently was put on thyroid supps and they are fab.

Naltrexone for thyroid?  Wiki says:  "Naltrexone is an opioid receptor antagonist used primarily in the management of alcohol dependence and opioid dependence."  Maybe there is a secondary usage for it that I didn't see.

About trouble sleeping, yes, it happens to me when the bugz are active.  Sleep is disturbed, dreams are wild and confused, and I'm generally a mess.  Lyme does like to muck with the sleep cycle and I'm guessing there are several ways it does that.  I've read that with treatment, sleep gets better -- it sure worked that way for me.  Also magnesium supplements helped me sleep, and also thyroid supps now that I am on them.

Re infrared sauna:  no idea.  Maybe someone else can comment.

Jackie - Hey, it is low dose naltrexone, for Hashimotos. It is supposed to help the immune system get back to normal. It is actually well proven for MS patients and other auto immune disorders.

What thyroid meds are you on? Hopefully, a dessicated?

Also, do my symptoms sound familiar to anyone? It seems like it is completely messing with my central nervous, and neuro parts of my body?

Last night I had major symptoms and took Mag before I went to bed. Not sure if there is a correlation?
I read the wiki on naltrexone; if I understand correctly, it is symptomatic treatment in a variety of conditions for which there is no standard treatment:  MS; fibromyalgia.  Thus it is perhaps not killing bacteria in Lyme, but giving some symptom relief, which is no small thing.

Re thyroid meds:  taking synthetic T3 and T4 to good effect.  Not Armour.  Concerns over contamination in the food chain.