Lyme Disease Community
? about Bartonella lesion / swollen leg....

This forum is for questions and support regarding What Causes Lyme Disease, Diagnosing Lyme Disease, and Joint Pain. Topics for discussion also include Living with Lyme Disease, Babesia, Bartonella, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, Anaplasmosis, other Tick Borne Diseases, Nervous System issues, Prevention, Risk Factors, Skin Disorders, Symptoms and Treatments

I have posted before and someone said that what I was describing could be a bartonella lesion.  I cannot find any images of what this would look like.  I have a very small "bump" on the back of my head.  When I touch it it feels like pimple.  If I rub it is is tender.  My husband looked at it and said it is a blind pimple, I guess it just looks red.  Well this "blind pimple" has been there for almost 3-4 weeks.  If I try to scrape it away it will be very sore for a few days even just turning my head I can feel it.  Then it won't be so bad and I touch back there and it is still there.  I don't think it is a pimple because it should not be there this long.  I was tested last Wednesday for a lyme titer.  I know it is not the best test but I can't get in to my MD until tomorrow and he gave me a slip last week to have the blood work.  I figured it was better than nothing.  I have had a lot of symptom.  On and off some here today gone other ones arrive and so on.  My other problem is my foot is very swollen with pitting edema.  I had an ultrasound there is no clot.  But it is the top of my foot and ankle area.  My other foot is now swollen also but I jammed it in the door this past weekend so I believe it is from that.  The foot feels warm to me and bruised, it is sore.  The ankle area feels itchy like inflamed.  I read online this can be from Bartonella???  If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it.  
I think it's possible that you haven't read all the answers on the other thread you started because I asked the question 'have you considered it might a form of staph infection" or a spider bite. Or even another type of biting insect?

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Lyme-Disease/Not-sure-whats-going-on/show/1962457#post_9219402

If you don't know how to copy/paste then scroll down through the topics until you see the one you started---- the subject is Not Sure What's Going On.

Let us know if you still have more questions.

About Bart. rashes----- there are so many different types it would be hard to describe them. One of the more common descriptions is a long-ish pink line. But everyone seems to have slightly different ones.

Did they do an ultrasound of your entire leg or just your foot/ankle? It's important that you rule out blood clots in your legs. Please check on that with your doctor.
Hi, I was the one suggesting it might be a Bartonella lesion based on my own experience.

Please see my answer to your question above. IgeneX labs has a co-infection test which includes Bartonella. Unless your doctor is an alternative medicine doctor, you probably won't be able to get a doctor to test for it through IgeneX.
For some reason I couldn't post on same thread. I kept getting an error. I don't think it's staph it's not draining. I'm not sure about spider bite. I can't see it its hard. I did have full leg ultrasound. No clot. That's how they found enlarged node in groin.
That is why it could be a Bartonella lesion. Bartonella is an ugly disease. I wound up with lesions in my brain and was unable to walk or open the fridge. I had periods of blindness. If it is Bart's, treatment should happen as soon as possible.

If you have other questions, we would be happy to help.
Hi can I ask how you treated your Bartonella?  Did Rifampin help you?
I think so, I am not as off balance and having as many Neuro issues. If you have lesions, PM me and I can send you the name of the Chinese  herb that really works on them.
Houttuynia, or HH is often rx'd for Bartonella. I've never used it so I can't say how effective it is.

I was given Cipro and then Levaquin. They both gave me horrendous side effects (not herxes) and some of those side effects lingered on for years.

That's just my experience and some people really liked them and felt they helped them.

My LLMD always identified Bartonella as my biggest issue.  Over 3+ years, I used several different oral antibiotics.  For me personally, the antibiotic "Factive" (brand name) gave me my first true breakthrough.  Bactim, azithromycin, and ceftriaxone also seemed to work well in my case.  (I'm probably mixing up brand and generic names, for which I apologize.)  

You probably won't find 2 cases that respond the same way.  I think it's good to keep in mind that it can take time to find the right treatment and/or for progress to be notable.  I typically found that I could only mark progress in 6 month increments, while day-to-day or week-to-week comparisons in how I felt fluctuated too much to be of use.  It's tough to be so patient when you want so much to be well, but adjusting expectations can also make treatment more bearable.

I hope you find what works for you and that you get better soon.