Lyme Disease Community
ANYONE KNOW OF ANY LYME CHAT ROOMS?

This forum is for questions and support regarding What Causes Lyme Disease, Diagnosing Lyme Disease, and Joint Pain. Topics for discussion also include Living with Lyme Disease, Babesia, Bartonella, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, Anaplasmosis, other Tick Borne Diseases, Nervous System issues, Prevention, Risk Factors, Skin Disorders, Symptoms and Treatments

ANYONE KNOW OF ANY LYME CHAT ROOMS?

Sometimes feel VERY ISOLATED AND LONELY and feel like I just can't talk to my family any more about how I'm feeling.  I know how tired  I get of feeling this way, so can just imagine how they feel hearing it!!!  Could really use some support from time to time from people who are going through same things and can relate to the depression, pain, and just realizing you are never going to be the person you used to be.   I live in Morris County, NJ, so if anyone knows of a support group that meets, it would even be better.   TX!!
I just searched for:

lyme chat room

and got quite a few hits.

Ditto for this search:

lyme support group nj
Yes, here is a chat room site for those with Chronic Lyme Disease.

http://www.thelymediseaseblog.com/lymechat.html
@boat
You said " if anyone knows of a support group that meets, it would even be better."

There ARE still some 'in person' support groups but since the Internet on-line support groups are much more available. Getting to an 'in person' support group is hard for many very ill people, but I think they're much better than the on line groups. It's nice to be hugged and a cute little emoticon just doesn't cut it.

You can start your own support group (open or private) but watching them for a while shows that participation isn't quite up to snuff. But it's worth a try. You can invite people to it and hope to start your own group but it wouldn't be like a live, instant chat group.

A few online support groups have their own chats----but rules here forbid giving their links. If you like, P.M. me and I can give them to you.

But---- beware! Not everyone on a chat group is completely sane. LOL And sometimes the talk drifts into areas that have nothing to do with Lyme but that can be o.k. too.
I sympathize with you. The personal loneliness is one of the hardest things to deal with: Only people with Lyme can really understand.