Lyme Disease Community
ANYONE KNOW OF ANY LYME CHAT ROOMS?

This forum is for questions and support regarding What Causes Lyme Disease, Diagnosing Lyme Disease, and Joint Pain. Topics for discussion also include Living with Lyme Disease, Babesia, Bartonella, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, Anaplasmosis, other Tick Borne Diseases, Nervous System issues, Prevention, Risk Factors, Skin Disorders, Symptoms and Treatments

ANYONE KNOW OF ANY LYME CHAT ROOMS?

Sometimes feel VERY ISOLATED AND LONELY and feel like I just can't talk to my family any more about how I'm feeling.  I know how tired  I get of feeling this way, so can just imagine how they feel hearing it!!!  Could really use some support from time to time from people who are going through same things and can relate to the depression, pain, and just realizing you are never going to be the person you used to be.   I live in Morris County, NJ, so if anyone knows of a support group that meets, it would even be better.   TX!!
I just searched for:

lyme chat room

and got quite a few hits.

Ditto for this search:

lyme support group nj
Yes, here is a chat room site for those with Chronic Lyme Disease.

http://www.thelymediseaseblog.com/lymechat.html
@boat
You said " if anyone knows of a support group that meets, it would even be better."

There ARE still some 'in person' support groups but since the Internet on-line support groups are much more available. Getting to an 'in person' support group is hard for many very ill people, but I think they're much better than the on line groups. It's nice to be hugged and a cute little emoticon just doesn't cut it.

You can start your own support group (open or private) but watching them for a while shows that participation isn't quite up to snuff. But it's worth a try. You can invite people to it and hope to start your own group but it wouldn't be like a live, instant chat group.

A few online support groups have their own chats----but rules here forbid giving their links. If you like, P.M. me and I can give them to you.

But---- beware! Not everyone on a chat group is completely sane. LOL And sometimes the talk drifts into areas that have nothing to do with Lyme but that can be o.k. too.
I sympathize with you. The personal loneliness is one of the hardest things to deal with: Only people with Lyme can really understand.
I'm interested in finding a support group also.  I was recently diagnosed with Lyme.  My Lyme Literate Doc feels I've had it for a very long time and something, possibly mold or stress brought it out of dormancy.  I'm waiting for blooda work to return to find out what co-infections I have.  At least two that she is certain of.  I'm just so relieved that finally someone knows why I have been so sick the past ten years!  It's so frustrating when people keep telling me I'm just depressed and that I need to push myself harder.  Have you heard either of these lines?  UGH!  So, I go back in about a month and then I'll start treatment, which I have been told is not easy.  The Herxheimer, not sure of spelling!, is not fun. In any case I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll be able to do the things. I used ttfml
Ok, not sure what happened with my last post, it will not allow me to continue, but as I was saying, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll be able to do the things I used to do, prior to getting sick!  I look forward to hearing from others going through a similar situation.  I live in NJ.
I started treatment 7 months ago and I'm not going to lie this has been the hardest thing I've ever been through. It's been a lot of ups and downs but I'm finally starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. There are many good forums on the internet that are both helpful in info and support. I'm on the west coast so I don't know of of any NJ groups.
Have you found a good lyme literate Dr? I was told the 1st year is the hardest, but if you've been sick for 10 years, I bet you'll welcome the healing process to began. Best of luck!
This thread is quite old.  But it's all good.  

Stay positive.  Treatment and response varies with everyone.  The hardest part is staying focused.  When meds (side effects/herxheimer or whatever) start messing with your mind, it gets really tough to deal with.  For me anyway.  I could feel so bad physically and I can sort of deal with that.  It's when my mind is affected when it becomes an issue.  It's your mind that will get you through this, just don't let it get the best of you.  And don't give up!  
I don’t know of any Lyme chat rooms , but I’m from NJ as well and have had Chronice Lyme disease for over 13 years if you would like to chat.
Just fyi, the person who posted that original note hasn't been here for quite a while if I recall correctly, but you could send her a private message which might show up in her personal email box, even if she isn't coming by this website anymore.  If you want to do that, hover the mouse over her screen name up above, and a box will open up with options to click.

Click on 'send message' and a message box will open up, already addressed to that person.