Lyme Disease Community
Abnormal LAB WORK?

This forum is for questions and support regarding What Causes Lyme Disease, Diagnosing Lyme Disease, and Joint Pain. Topics for discussion also include Living with Lyme Disease, Babesia, Bartonella, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, Anaplasmosis, other Tick Borne Diseases, Nervous System issues, Prevention, Risk Factors, Skin Disorders, Symptoms and Treatments

Abnormal LAB WORK?

Okay, I got in the mail today some results of blood work my LLMD did.   I thought he only did the CD 57 and ELISPOT but he also did blood counts etc...  I didn't get results of CD57 or ELISPOT, but I got the others.

Everything was normal except for my Eosinophils was extremely high.  The normal range was 0.0- 0.4.  Mine was 6.1!  Than it says I have Eosinophilia?!!  I've never heard of this!  I looked it up and it looks like it's a type of White blood cell and it can be caused from a variety of things... including parasites, bacterial infections, addisons disease, and many others.

Can anyone help me with this?  I'm a bit worried about this.  

THanks!
I'm reading over it again and it has two set of numbers by it... one is the 6.1% and then by it is has a 0.53.  I'm guessing the 0.53 is it... but regardless it is high and is says Eosinophilia.

Anyone?
It can also be related to allergies.  Bacterial infections include lyme so maybe this is the cause.  I would ask your doctor.