Antibiotics Today
OK, here I go......  The rheumatologist decided to give me a month of doxy, although it took a bit of discussion to get to that point.
My fear is that I am right or wrong and either way somehow the antibiotics make things worse.  I do not pretend it's my friend.
I am praying that I made the right choice.  Any tips as to what I can do to make sure I keep my immunity up and toxin level under control?
I am a little confused by your post.  Are you saying that you feel worse on Doxy.  Or are you saying that you are afraid of feeling worse on the Doxy, due to herxheimer reaction?  

The dosage on Doxy for Lyme is typically much higher than average.  So the way you feel will most likely be based on the dosage.

In the event of a herxheimer reaction, I was told by my LLMD to:
Either put a little baking soda in water.
Or put a few drops of lemon in water.
Epsom salt baths or footbaths
Epsom salt baths helped me, along with Magnesium (malate, orotate, or citrate) supplements.  Also, quercetin for inflammation. Chlorella has helped me with detoxing. There are a variety of detoxing protocols and diets out there, so I encourage you to do some research to see what you think will work for you.  It may take some trial and error. Don't be discouraged if something doesn't work. Just try something else. j

Not everyone feels worse on Doxy. You might just slowly start feeling better.
I believe that antibiotics play a role in contributing to autoimmune disease.  
Thanks for the tips.  I did buy a big bag of lemons.
I need help.  I took doxy for one day and then caught my son's stomach bug!  I threw up some of the med and it felt like razor blades.  Now, I can't even think about taking the next dose.  I should have had on at 9am.  But, what I have noticed is increased twitching, increased muscle ache, fatigue and fever of 101.5.  My son did not have a fever, so is it possible that the antibiotics are causing herx already?
I was told I had lupus and Rheumatoid Arthritis and MS but it was all Lyme.
Before taking antibiotics.
You think "antibiotics play a role in contributing to autoimmune disease".  Where did you get that thought?  If you don't mind me asking.  I have never heard of that, but there are probably a lot of things that I have not heard of.

Doxy is the worst when it comes to nausea and vomiting.  I was on a fairly high dose, but it felt like I was shot in the stomach prior to throwing up.  It was bad!  I always tried to take it on empty because it is better absorbed that way.  However, taking it with food helps with the nausea and vomiting (if it is a result of the medication).  Kind of pointless to take it on empty if I was just going to throw it up anyhow.  But I tried.

It is hard to say if it could be a herx.  I could not imagine Doxy in itself causing much of a herx, but I could be wrong.  What is your dosage?
I think antibiotics set the stage for chronic disease. It's more than I can write about tonight.  There is a condition called "Leaky Gut Syndrome".  It is one known factor and it is believed that antibiotics harm the intestinal lining, maybe by encouraging overgrowth of candida.