Lyme Disease Community
BURNING?

This forum is for questions and support regarding What Causes Lyme Disease, Diagnosing Lyme Disease, and Joint Pain. Topics for discussion also include Living with Lyme Disease, Babesia, Bartonella, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, Anaplasmosis, other Tick Borne Diseases, Nervous System issues, Prevention, Risk Factors, Skin Disorders, Symptoms and Treatments

BURNING?

How would you describe the burning pain?  Is a deep feeling or is it just on the skin?  Sometimes I feel like just the outer part of my skin is burning (almost like a sunburn), but I don't know if this is what everyone means by "burning"?  
It feels like it's on the skin but it's hard to say.  Sometimes it feels like hot water is being poured on my scalp. These are more sensory symptoms (paresthesias).
Mine feels like a carpet burn right on the top of my head.
So I'm not the only one with the burning scalp!
Cigarette burns. But it comes on suddenly and then is gone. Rarely happens, thank God!
Most of my burning sensations are like a fresh sunburn and are on the skin.
I get the burning sensation that feels like rug burns, or like acid burns(PAINT REMOVER) on skin. It happens in soveral spots and sometimes there is a small redd patch to follow thw sensation.
Mine also feel like cigarette burns.  The other kind of pain sensation I get is "achy".  My finger will start to ache randomly.  Mine come and go in a matter of seconds, but occasionally I get a lot of them in quick succession.  Do most people's pain come and go?
I just had the cigarette feeling today, in my shoulder! And have the aches too,sometimes my whole hand, sometimes just one finger-  they all come and go. I'm starting to get it in my toes too.
I get these same burning sesation...I experience it all throughout the day....Sometimes they are back to back other times it may be a few hours appart...I just recently moved to Pine Florida, I wonder if its the area...(too many people) ...its exactly like pins and needles...picture frying chicken, a splash of oil that gets on your skins, it burns...This sensation is very simular, just instead of one splash...picture  30 splashes on your chest...and about 40 on your back, and then 12 on your neck, 20 on your face....What is this all about...Is this just happening to women, or is it happening to men...I am very conserned...I  called my doctor, she said Im still too young for menaupause....Its like an attack and it comes and goes...The only thing that is new in my house is my Internet Router...I am not eating anything different than usuall...I wonder if the internet connection is frying us from the inside...
I too get burning sensations that come and go. It even wakes me up during the day. My burning is througout my entire body. It comes and goes. I also have whole body parathesia 24/7. My neurologist put my on Gabapentin(Nuerontin) which helps.

I don't know why lymes would do this!
I get burning sensations that feel like some one is holding a flame close to my face, sometime in my nose, and on my scalp.  My LLMD told me it is a neurological symptom set off my rogue impulses in the brain.  He has me take Lyrica regularly for it but if it get worse he has me increase my lyrica.  It seem to help.  Also a luke warm bath with a lot of sea salt helps too!
My fiance has Lyme, and posibly "aggressive MS". She has leisions on her brainstem, brain and spine. her lyme infection still shows active on the w.b. after 1 year!
She has been suffering immensely with "burning brain". Her brain feels like its in a frying pan, and she cannot speak or chew very well. The symptoms vary in severity alongside the burning brain...  She also has had episodes of weak legs and no reflexes. Then exaggerated reflexes..

Anyone know if lesions on the brain and pons can cause this burning brain thing? Anyone with neuro-lyme have this?
I can't speak to that particular symptom, but Lyme manifests in many ways.

Docs are much more likely to diagnose MS than Lyme, esp. if they are relying on MRI results, on which (so I understand) the fuzzy spots that are Lyme can look like the fuzzy spots that are MS.

I would, in your situation, get my fiance to a Lyme specialist for a second opinion.  Take copies of all past medical reports if you can lay hands on them, because that can tell a Lyme doc important data.

Lyme will not go away by itself, and the standard treatment of steroids for MS is the exact opposite of what should be done in Lyme.  Steroids suppress the immune system, and the immune system is your fiance's only defense at the moment.

If you need help finding a Lyme specialist, let us know and we can give you some ideas on how to find one.  A Lyme specialist may also diagnose other diseases brought by the same ticks, and nonLyme docs don't often think of those.

Take care, both you AND your fiance.  It's a very hard disease to deal with for everyone.  
Hi my name is jeff Roy from RI im looking for a lyme doc in RI.All my test came back negative but i truly have all the symptoms and am suffering my cell is 401 477 4267. If you can be of any help i have been going through this since last july. Thank you Jeff Roy
Jeff, it's not a good idea to post your personal contact information in the messages --

That said, if you send an email to

contact [at] ILADS [dot] org

and tell them your city and state, they may be able to send you the names of of some nearby Lyme specialists.  ILADS is the main voluntary group for MDs who are progressive thinkers about Lyme.

You can also do an online search for something like

LLMD rhode island

and other searches for cities near you.  You may find some clues or other websites with helpful information.

Best wishes --