Lyme Disease Community
Bacteria? Night sweats, itchy red bumps

This forum is for questions and support regarding What Causes Lyme Disease, Diagnosing Lyme Disease, and Joint Pain. Topics for discussion also include Living with Lyme Disease, Babesia, Bartonella, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, Anaplasmosis, other Tick Borne Diseases, Nervous System issues, Prevention, Risk Factors, Skin Disorders, Symptoms and Treatments

Bacteria? Night sweats, itchy red bumps

I posted this to the Lyme disease site also but I dont believe I have a recurrence. I think this is new.
Three days ago- very sore joints from limbs to body. From 4pm to 9pm went downhill with headache, flu-like, heavy night sweats.
Two days ago- joints okay, weary, night sweats, uncontrollable severe chills/shaking.
Today - itchy bumps over entire body, clear fluid pustules, bumps are not close or grouped but rather dispersed everywhere, head, back, legs.
Any thoughts, I appreciate it.
Paul
Night sweats is a coinfection symtom.

Are on any medications that could have triggered a severe alergic (allergic) reaction -- hence the terrible rash.
Coinfection symptom? it says.. "concurrent infection of a cell or organism with two organisms". Sounds somewhat challenging.
I'm not on any medications. I'll continue to think about possible allergic substances but cannot think of anything new to me recently. Thanks
Paul
It could be lyme but could also be a viral illness that will go away.
Are there any viral illnesses that attack during specific times ie. nightime. If this high sweat stuff returns tonight it is becoming quite predictable. My most intense battles with lyme occurred during the nights. My understanding is the bacterium was active at night for some reason, triggering the body to ramp up and overheat in futile attempts to win. I wasn't aware viruses could do this, but I've always thought those microbiologists were a strange lot so it probably fits
Tuberculosis (bacterial) but you would probably be coughing up bloody or rust-colored mucus.  Aids is the other one that causes night sweats.  Both cause weight loss and other symptoms as well.  You would probably know if you were at risk for these though.  Sometimes acute viral illnesses cause these symptoms as fevers spike late afternoon and night. If it all goes away after a few days then it could just be a bug you picked up.
Thanks Patsy,
The night sweats did not return last night. Still spots and itchy.
Feel well enough to go out and walk around as usual.
I will just monitor. A small exp. is application of a triple antibiotic cream to my left arm and torso. I've used this stuff throughout the years and it is fine. Wish I had an auger plate.
Good luck
Paul
Thanks for everyones input and knowledge. This ended out being Chickenpox. I never had it as a child and this is not the second form shingles. I'm still unclear about what may be the second part of the coinfection. Hopefully all will resolve once the pox hides.
These forums are very powerful. I have been somewhat saddened after reading the posts that diagnosis/treatment for lyme is still lagging and so many people are suffering.
Thanks again
wow. i'm glad it wasn't the lymej. you're in the clear now. what i meant by co-infection is that a tick can transmit more than lyme.

Chicken pox must be going around or maybe you're posting elsewhere?

I keep seeing what you're describing elsewhere.

Chicken pox is lyme like in that the infection remains present in your body even though you may never show symptoms again. those of us who are lucky enough to have had chicken pox run the risk of getting a case in the form of shingles later in life.
No, actually this is my only post. Maybe you are in fact noticing a trend. Not sure what implications it really has, but maybe.
I'm aware (NOW) of my later shingles risk. (ALSO) aware there is an immunization for Chickenpox, though know only that, not its quality. IF anybody hasn't had chickenpox, look into it and than you wont have to wait for the almost inevitable exposure and subsequent two inflictions.
Paul
Yes, that person on the other site has lyme and now also shingles. That' s a lot to deal with!

Thanks for the information.
I understand there is now a vaccine against shingles, which people around 60 years of age are able to get.

Doctors are NOT very good about reminding us about 'shots' later in life, so you may have to press to find out about it.

I have friends who had shingles and they said Do Not Mess With Shingles.  Extremely painful.  Agonizing, even.

The effectiveness of vaccines wears off over the years, and more old folks we get, the more of them will be out of the immunity and so should look into repeat vaccination, imho, but I ain't no doctor, so don't listen to me!

Glad you're better!  Good health is a blessing.