Lyme Disease Community
Breast Problems and Lyme

This forum is for questions and support regarding What Causes Lyme Disease, Diagnosing Lyme Disease, and Joint Pain. Topics for discussion also include Living with Lyme Disease, Babesia, Bartonella, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, Anaplasmosis, other Tick Borne Diseases, Nervous System issues, Prevention, Risk Factors, Skin Disorders, Symptoms and Treatments

Breast Problems and Lyme

My latest problem is breast issues and in some literature I read that it's one of the numerous symptoms of Lymes disease. I had started to have milk nipple discharge, but I haven't breastfed for over 1.5. LLMD also said Lyme was likely responsible for my mastitis while bf'ing too. Lately I have small amounts of discharge and really bad breast pain. Then I had to go to a breast health clinic last week and they luckily didn't find any cancer or tumors, but said I some fibrocystic breast disorder and was told to take vitamin E and primrose oil. Anyone else heard or dealt with this before?
Yes.  I'm not sure if it has to do with my Lyme or not.  In my early 20's (long before my Lyme diagnosis, but after I started to have symptoms so I probably already had it) I started to get breast pain.  It became acute, and was so bad that I actually went into shock and blacked out once.  I went through a thorough round of exams and tests including an ultrasound (more appropriate at that age than mammogram) and was told in the end that it was fibrocystic changes, which is just another name for fibrocyctic breast disorder.  I was also told to take E and primrose oil, which I did for a time but I never felt that it really made a difference.  

I've never had it that bad again, but I do get breast pain once in a while.  Again, I have no idea of it has anything to do with my Lyme disease.  However, like with just about any other pre-existing condition, the Lyme probably makes it worse!

I don't think fibrocystic breast conditions are all that rare, but I think the severity can range from mild to really bad pain.  Hopefully the rough patch you're in now will clear up soon.
It is so weird that you posted this because I have had the same thing!  Now for the last three days my right breast hurts so bad I can hardly take it and primrose and Vit E do absolutely nothing!  I also feel like I have a blown ear drum!  My right side of my neck and ear hurt so bad as well!

They tell me the same thing - cystic disease!  It makes me want to scream!  I am being treated for lyme, bart, babs and mycoplasmas!  any suggestions out there?

MJ
Saw your post, thought I'd mention that Mrs_k75 hasn't posted here for quite some time, but you might send her a private message through this site.

Wonko (the second person posting above) still posts here from time to time.

Sorry not to have specific advice for you.  Someone else may also post here who can comment.  
funny, one of my first symptoms was this, 7 years ago, never related the two.
This is more likely to be from a mycoplasma coinfection than the spirochete themselves. Mycos just love cholesterol, which is to say, have to have it.  Of course they want the good stuff and leave us with the bad.  That brings me to a 9th grade memory, for a time it looked like I was growing breasts, and I'm a male.  What would I have gotten had I consulted a physician back then? Some sort of mumbo jumbo about hormones being out of balance. I even recall a girl commenting on it at the time, I nearly had more than her.  Mycos also like to cause gallbladder problems for the same reason, high cholesterol.  Finally I should mention, mastitis in cows is a mycoplasmal disease.  Got some experience with that yuck as I once worked at a dairy farm where we milked 800 cows twice a day.  Saw enough to make me stop drinking milk.
hello,

i have also had breast pain and abnormal lactation.  my breasts also inflate to about double their normal size periodically and i am in agony.  my ob/gyn shrugs her shoulders when i tell her about this and says, "in light of everything else you're going through, it doesn't surprise me."  whatever.  

if i truly do have lyme, i think that is the culprit.

binx