Lyme Disease Community
Can i start taking antibiotics?

This forum is for questions and support regarding What Causes Lyme Disease, Diagnosing Lyme Disease, and Joint Pain. Topics for discussion also include Living with Lyme Disease, Babesia, Bartonella, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, Anaplasmosis, other Tick Borne Diseases, Nervous System issues, Prevention, Risk Factors, Skin Disorders, Symptoms and Treatments

Can i start taking antibiotics?

Wanna to start antibiotics myself...at least something than nothing!!!! Confused.....I still have 3 weeks to get all my blood test results..But my heart is worse and worse,palpitations,fever now not 37.1-37.4 but 37.5-37.8,my hands ...in the morning even can't hold the handle on a bus or train..can't walk properly...but really scared of my heart..don't wanna stroke...I do have a chance to get antibiotics without prescription? Problem is I don't know which one  is better...or maybe I am silly and should wait...????? Thanks
I am sure some of you here are more experienced and literate than ordinary doc!
We are not medically trained. I would wait to see a doctor. Maybe you need BP meds or heart doctor. Sorry if you explained in another post, I don't recall.

What most Lyme doctors start with is doxycycline and then flagyl, a cyst buster. I was on those for many months until my igeneX labs came back positive for Bart's and Babs then I switched antibiotics.

Hang in there, we don't want you to get worse or take the wrong meds.
Hi.  Do you mind telling us where you are?  Resources are different in different places, so it's hard to know what to suggest without a general location.  

I take a beta blocker for my tachycardia (metoprolol succinate). It really helped and I felt better once my racing heart settled down.

You may also consider a detoxing protocol that might help you feel better.  There are many choices...I have used magnesium, chlorella, and parsley.  Others have used activated charcoal, milk thistle (for short duration only), and others.  Drink lots of water and don't consume alcohol, caffeine (makes the heart worse!), or sugar.  This might help you get through until your results one in.
Many thanks for your advices and support...really need now... I am in UK,London,was bitten by ticks 3 years ago...Still can't find a good LLMD..not my luck! There is just one a bit ok clinic in UK which deals with Lyme ,very expensive one!!! Waiting for my results from GP(general practitioner) if Western blot comes  negative , will go to private...but time is going...it's already 3 years without any medications (((
There are many people who have had Lyme for years and then been treated successfully -- I know three years is a very long time, but there are people posting here who have been treated successfully even after years and years.

The first thing, as you know, is getting a correct and full diagnosis, so that the docs know what to treat.  I have heard of a clinic in the UK (starts with a B..... but I won't put the whole name here so as not to give them more publicity than they may want) that is good -- perhaps that is the one you are considering.

I remember being so very ill -- and the docs not having any idea what was wrong.  Finally one doc ran a Lyme test, and I was fortunate that it came back positive.  That doc, as nice as she was, was not very wise in the ways of Lyme:  she told me it must be a false positive because she said she had patients with Lyme and I was not nearly as ill they were.  I took the test results to an LLMD who properly understood the meaning of the tests.

So we all travel a long and complicated road in different ways, but you are not alone.  Hang on!