Can't stop bleeding - any suggestions urgent?
Hi folks,
I've got a very slow clotting rate thanks to lyme and I cut my hands this morning and 6 hours on still keep bleedimng. It was one of those damn apple cutters that slice the apple into segments nad it broke adn lacerated both hands in 2 places very deeply.
I've been  wearing rubber gloves most of the morning to avoid leaving blood on everything.
Is there anything that could stop it? I't not bad enouigh to go to ER but bad enough to be a real nuisance and ruin my day!
I was going to say to go to ER, otherwise try a bandage compressing it to stop the bleeding. I hope it stops, if not you may need to go to an urgent care place or ER. Keep us posted.
It sounds like you might need stitches, especially if the cuts are deep. We use our hands constantly, and it is easy to pull open a cut that is trying to heal.
Hello!
Situation under control now! My husband got home from work, exclaimed "Mamma Mia!" and various other Italian things, and immediately poured pure alcohol over my hands. An italian remedy apparently.
It stopped the bleeding almost immediately and didn't even hurt much either.
As you said Rico, they are positioned to pull open easily but they're not really deep or big enough to merit stitches (luckily!) Even though they're deep, the amount of bleeding was totally out of proportion to the size of cut. I'm sure anyone normal wouild have stopped bleeding in very little time, the endless bleeding was definitely one of those funny lyme disease things.
I was wondering if it means I need more vitamin K?
Or is low sedimentation rate nothing to do with that?
I don't know anything about clotting issues, other than that you shouldn't take Cumadin if you have trouble clotting. I am just glad you're okay!