Lyme Disease Community
Checking in

This forum is for questions and support regarding What Causes Lyme Disease, Diagnosing Lyme Disease, and Joint Pain. Topics for discussion also include Living with Lyme Disease, Babesia, Bartonella, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, Anaplasmosis, other Tick Borne Diseases, Nervous System issues, Prevention, Risk Factors, Skin Disorders, Symptoms and Treatments

Checking in

Just to let you all know i am still here. I do not/did not  have Lyme although I thought I did and my symptoms were Lyme like. The Dr., yet another admitted that the symptoms were Lyme like, yes, but after all the tests and my other conditions... not Lyme.

I still think it was  a Med i was on and they say no, although i am not having the pain "attacks" after being off that old med.

The new doc thinks i brought it on with anxiety.

well. i still have pain, not so bad, and have weaned myself off all the meds that they had me on for fibro and depression.

I was hallucinating from the antidepressants..they were not concerned..

i am clean now. so ...

i will try diet, nurtition supplements, food and exercise..
listen to my body..

when i get tired and sore and achy.. eat and rest.

i am up about 5 hrs now able to do things then i have to rest..

better than before!

I wish you all luck..thank you so ....
Now i am an expert in Lyme!!!
Thanks for dropping in to let us know!

Glad to hear it wasn't lyme. I hope you get completely better really soon.

Sending lots of love.
Ditto what youvegot says!  Sending you all the best -- let us know if we can help with our usual barrage of opinions.  :)

Take care, stay in touch if you think of it.  Cheers -- J.
I am glad it isn't Lyme!  It is such a tricky disease in how it can have so many common symptoms. And who knows, all your Lyme knowledge could help save someone else someday!

That is really bad that your docs didn't seem concerned about your hallucinations from an antidepressant! Yikes!  It almost sounds like your body got overwhelmed with drug toxicity.

Just a thought (because I have trouble letting go of things without answers!)...  A couple things that have come up lately that are very similar in symptoms to Lyme are Brucellosis (also tick borne, also little known by doctors) and hemochromatosis (extensively underdiagnosed).

There's also been some news lately about Borrelia Miyamotoi, which can cause serious symptoms similar to Lyme, but also comes with a recurring fever. People with this species of Borrelia test negative for Lyme.

Feel free to ignore these if you're content with the conclusions you have so far. ;)

I am glad you're doing better!