Lyme Disease Community
Chronic Lyme and low tolerance to noise...

This forum is for questions and support regarding What Causes Lyme Disease, Diagnosing Lyme Disease, and Joint Pain. Topics for discussion also include Living with Lyme Disease, Babesia, Bartonella, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, Anaplasmosis, other Tick Borne Diseases, Nervous System issues, Prevention, Risk Factors, Skin Disorders, Symptoms and Treatments

Hi, I have chronic Lyme and am freezing all the time and chills/sweats at night. I was reading the posts on here and one of them mentioned a high sensitivity to noise. I have had a very low tolerance to noise for a few years and this is the first I have heard of it coinciding with lyme. Anyone else going through the same thing?
Michelle
Greetings --

Sorry to hear you are suffering this way.  I had the same symptoms --

Were you tested for anything other than Lyme?  Lyme alone has a tendency to hijack the endocrine system for its own wily purposes, but there are coinfections can have some of the same symptoms.

With treatment, my touchiness about sound is gone, but I remember it well.  It was part of a constellation of jumpy symptoms that made me like an anxious cat.  I think it was from irritated nerve endings and an irritated brain, from the inflammation and irritation by the diseases I had.  

But do let us know what else you've been tested for ---  might have some ideas there.
and PS -- what treatment have you had and what are you treating with now, both pharmaceuticals and supplements?
I definitely have sound sensivity!