Diagnosed over a year ago but still experiencing weird symptoms?
Last august I was diagnosed with Lyme disease after experiencing headaches everyday for 2 weeks and never being able to get relief from taking Advil or any sort of pain killer like it. Got my blood test for it back and it said my Lyme disease was acute.
(Accidentally posted before I finished the whole story). But anyway so they find out that it was acute and not chronic. And after I took doxy for 4 weeks I'd say that every symptom had gone away. Now even to this day sometimes I'll get some symptoms back like my arms will ache, but for the last few days my back has been hurting me and the pain has been radiating into my legs and even some unmentionable places. It's not a horrible pain but it is nagging and annoying to say the least. And as of last night even my stomach has been getting a little upset just thinking about it. Any thoughts on if this is Lyme or something else and is there anything I can do about it? Is it weird that even though I only had acute that I would still be experiencing symptoms almost a year after diagnosis?
Yea its very common and the length of time varies greatly. Me personally I've had continuing  symptoms for a year and a half. Some individuals have experienced symptoms for decades.  CDC calls this Post Lyme disease syndrome.  While others say the continunig symptoms are caused by a continuing infection that was not eradicated completely