Does anyone go from hot to cold a lot??
Okay, maybe it's my age (40) even though my OB-GYN didn't think so....but I am either freezing or burning up all the time.  I am waking up freezing or in a sweat all the time too.  I can be freezing in sweats and sweating in shorts so it doesn't seem to matter what I wear.  

My BIL, who just graduated medical school, saw me huddled under a blanket and asked if that is part of my neurological problem????  I said, "no"....but I don't really know what to make of it.
Having had menopause as well as having Lyme, I can contribute my experience:

I'm a good five years into menopause, and I had hot flashes during the great switcheroo.  In my experience, there's no 'cold flash' that comes along with a 'hot flash' -- if it's hormonal, you're either feeling okay or you're hot and sweaty, and nothing else.  I still take a tiny amount of hormone pills now, and my dr keeps saying 'we don't REALLY know if any amount is safe' so every so often I go off them just to see what happens, and I go back to having night sweats and hot flashes, which are like stepping out the door into a hot summer day for a few minutes, and then going back inside.  So no 'cold flashes', and I think my menopause experience is pretty common.  Therefore I know when I am hormonally stable, which I always am (except when I stop the hormone pills to see what happens).

As to the Lyme side of things, when my bugs are active, I get hot AND cold feelings alternating, which sounds like what you are having.  The hot feelings are not unlike hot flashes, but they are then quickly followed by chills.  I am off Lyme meds currently and it's interesting to see the effect.  I just went through a couple of days of having moderate Lyme flares and the hot/cold aspect was definitely there.  When hot I even got pink in the face, a butterfly rash, with bloodshot eyes.  When chilly, I felt like I was standing in a meat locker without a coat.

Lyme hijacks a lot of body systems for its own amusement and survival, including the body temperature mechanism, which I think is hooked into thyroid operation.  So that would make sense.