Doxycycline causes tinnitus and/or hearing loss?
I haven't seen any sources listing tinnitus as a side effect of doxy.  However, there are forums where people claim it is ototoxic (ear toxic) and causes tinnitus and even hearing loss.  I know that some classes of antibiotics are ototoxic, but I've not heard of doxy being that way.  

Does anyone notice tinnitus or hearing loss with their doxy or other antibiotic, or do you chalk it up as a lyme symptom?  Very curious...
I chalk mine up to Lyme, as it predates treatment in my case.  I only get tinnitus when I lie down,  it's not high on my list of most annoying symptoms.  It also tends to be worse on my bad Lyme days.  

I've read that it can also be associated with Babesia, which I don't think I have but if it's one of your top symptoms, something to keep in mind.
PS- I should probably add, I'm not on, nor have I been, on doxy.  I'm currently on mino, zith, factive (antibiotics), & nystatin (antifungal).
Thanks wonko.

I was on mino - that's the one that gave me hives BAD.  It also gave me tinnitus.  It's not my top symptom either, but noticeably getting worse this week.  I don't have Babesia or co-infections according to Spectrum labwork.
I have not noticed tinnitis from doxy.  I had it really bad prior to treatment though.
Sound like Lyme then.  I wanna cuss the bugs!  Dangit!  :o)
I get this sometimes too.  Never been on Doxy.
Hi Guys can you help me with information again, this Doc put me on something called Sulfamethoxazole and Trimethoprim ..anti biotic now thats was to treat the stomach food infection, I am on the 5h day od taking them I have felt fine but today feel very unwell, I am still trying to get a diagnosis of Lyme , heres my question, I hear you talk of herxing , would I get some of that from this anti biotic he has prescribed ,I have 2 more days to take it. I still have a lower white cell count than I should have but after the 2nd CBC they said it was up some, I have found a Lyme Doctor finally about an hour away ,I dont know why this one cant draw the blood and send it to ingenex for me.they do the tests as you know .
That is Bactrim which is commonly prescribed for UTI's.  It is not listed as a recommended medication for lyme in the treatment guidelines in the health pages.  
I took Bactrim for a couple of months for Bartonella.  I Herxed very strongly, to the point that I had to stop taking it.  
Many doctor's offices are not set up to draw blood and ship it to the central lab for processing.  All the test tubes and all the blood protection cautions that have to be taken these days just make it more complicated, and it's probably better, easier and more efficient in the long run to make the patient do the leg work.  I can't remember the last time I had any lab work done IN a doctor's office.  It's been years.
I went back to see him today and asked him about the ingenex lab, etc and would they draw blood he said he would look into it, I have felt terrible all day, Nauseua , tingling feet, aches and pains, I only have 2 more days of this stuff, he gave it me for the stomach infection, that was causing the low white cell count ..Thanks guys it was good to come here and know you all feel the same symptoms, my DH just has not an ounce of sympathy in his soul., I dont know what I would have done without MH in my life ..
It does sound like the abx.you are taking has 'stirred' something up - the tingling and aches/pains could be poss. herx. -

best wishes

gorbs