Doxycycline expiration date
There have been investigations about the expiration dates on drugs. The FDA did the largest one many years ago (at the request of the military).

The results? Many drugs were found to be viable (although some perhaps a little less potent) for many years after the expiry date on the bottle.

The military was asking if they had to throw away expired drugs----- and the answer was ----- no, at least for most drugs.

I am NOT advising you to take expired drugs.

But you can research the Wall Street Journal (March 29, 2000) for the article and make up your own mind. AND please ask your doctor. Of course if he's as cautious as I am for this subject with strangers or patients he'll probably say ----'don't'.

(I won't give the link to the article until I hear back from MedHelp's moderators about which links are 'safe' to post here. Still waiting. LOL)

There are several drugs though that can NOT be taken after expiration. Of note for Lymies is doxycycline!

Caps for emphasis:
DO NOT TAKE DOXY OR TETRACYCLINES  PAST EXPIRATION.

There's some research that says that may be o.k. too---- BUT I CERTAINLY WON'T TAKE A CHANCE.

Insulin, nitroglycerin and some liquid antibiotics are also included in the 'do not take' group.