Lyme Disease Community
Dr. Dashore

This forum is for questions and support regarding What Causes Lyme Disease, Diagnosing Lyme Disease, and Joint Pain. Topics for discussion also include Living with Lyme Disease, Babesia, Bartonella, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, Anaplasmosis, other Tick Borne Diseases, Nervous System issues, Prevention, Risk Factors, Skin Disorders, Symptoms and Treatments

Dr. Dashore

Has anyone had any experience with Dr. Dashore of Marlboro New Jersey in regards to Lyme and their coinfections? I've been to several "conventional docs" but with little satisfaction. Have an appointment in 2 weeks and am hoping for the best. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Tags: lyme
Welcome to MedHelp -- because state and local medical boards can harass Lyme docs or even try to have their medical licenses revoked, we generally avoid mentioning doctor names here in the open.  Someone may send you a private message, but please don't post the mesasge here in the open.  Some docs have indeed lost their licenses or been run out of the communities in which they practice, and that's a disservice to all concerned.

I do not recognize the doc's name you mention, but if someone else here does, look in the upper right corner of this screen where you see

inbox / logout / my shortcuts

If someone sends you a private message, there will be a number after 'inbox' , such as 'inbox (2)', which would mean you have two messages waiting for you.  Click on the word 'inbox' and it will take you to the message.

Best wishes --
And since rules are made to be broken, I will break my own rule.  Dr Dashore's own bio reads as follows:

"Her current practice is a family practice with a full service Sensory Integration clinic dedicated to patients of all ages with Tick Borne Diseases and PANS. She is a certified homeopathic practitioner and will receive her certification as a holistic health practitioner in July 2012. Dr Dashore has created a biofeedback enhanced sensory integration assessment and treatment protocol for children with TBDs and PANS that addresses the unique multi-sensory, neurological, orthopedic, academic, and functional needs of these children at home and at school."

This tells me she is not an MD.  I would go to an MD.
I also encourage you to go to an M.D., specifically an LLMD. Natural treatments can bring significant improvements. In my understanding, they work to strengthen the immune system and help heal damage and restore balances in the body. These treatments can be very helpful, but they primarily help you "manage" an infection. (I have taken a lot of supplements during my treatment and I can attest how much the right ones can help.)

They are a good alternative for people who, for some reason, cannot take the abx necessary to treat Lyme, or who cannot afford it if they don't have insurance coverage. They are also a good alternative for some people with really stubborn infections who don't want to take abx indefinitely.

If you want to eliminate the infection, you're going to need the big guns, antibiotics, and a doctor who knows how to use them.