Flagyl?
So, I've been pulsing Flagyl for a month and a half now and feel like hell!  I don't know if it's side effects, herx, disease progression or a combo of all??

I am SO weak.  My legs feel like jello and shake with every movement.  I'm totally fatigued, dizzy, off balance, twitchy, and in a lot of pain.  Everything hurts.

I had a LLMD appt last week and my dr added some supplements and also Artesunate.  Any one heard of this?  He said it's for babesia and it penetrates the cells to kill it.  I've been taking this for about two days now.  Two hours after my first dose I woke up VERY ill and shaking/trembling uncontrolably, burning sensations, and very bad pain.  I was afraid to take it again, but did, and haven't had the same reaction.  

I'm just worried that maybe I'm taking too much and my body can't keep up.  I don't know.  My LLMD said that Flagyl can be rough and cause depression which I'm also experiencing.  I don't know how much more I can take.  He wants me to keep taking it though.

I just feel sick.  Really sick.  If I could I would stay in bed all day sleeping and crying.  I'm taking an anti inflammatory but it doesn't touch my pain.  The pain is everywhere...

The weakness is the worst though.  Makes me pretty much bed or couch ridden cause I haven't the energy to even walk without feeling like I may collapse.

Has anyone else had these effects from Flagyl?  I don't know what is going on... but I'm SO ready to throw in the towel.

Thanks for listening.
I have not taken Flagyl but have consistently read that it is difficult to tolerate.

I've been on Tindamax, another "cyst-buster" and it was awful for me.  I had to stop taking it for about a month and now I'm taking a much smaller dose and for just 3-4 days at a time, instead of the originally planned week on/week off schedule.

Extreme fatigue was one of the most disabling symptoms for me from the Tindamax.  I wasn't truly weak, but very easily exhuasted from even putting my arms over my head and other small tasks.  I was also very depressed, but that was likely secondary to how tired and wiped out I felt.

If you can endure it, it may be worth it to stay the course.  But don't be shy to consult your LLMD to stop/back down your dose.  For me I had to balance my work and could't be at the level of disability in which Tindamax placed me.  In a couple of months I hope to be able to try Tindamax at full dose again.  

I have been taking the generic form of flagyl for a few months now because I also suffer Diverticulitis among other things.

It can make you feel terrible: nausea, vomiting, no appitite, diarhea.  But these are short term effects, and are seldom if you take it with food.

I don't know how it works with Lyme...  I can only hope that it works with whatever is going on with me (just got the tests back and said I was Lyme Neg...hmmm)

Flagyl is an old antibiotic treatment that hasn't been used much recently. Therefore most infections are not immune to it.  It can be harsh on some ppl.

If you eat something before you take the medication the side effects are almost nil.
I was on Flagyl for 3 months and my LLMD believes it gave me a hormone imbalance (fibrocystic breast disease and lactating despite not bfing, irreuglar menses) extreme fatigue then I got the flu and couldn't keep it down. Since I've been off it I feel better and less fatigue. I also had the bad stomach and poor appetite at first, but it slowly went away. I think your symptoms are really severe though hopefully there is something else that can be done.